Request to Remove Device Access Limit in Origin

by FrazierEight

Original Post

Request to Remove Device Access Limit in Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'd really like if EA would remove the limit of computers that I can access a game from before getting a cooldown, because nowadays GeForce Now or similar cloud streaming services users have a big problem with it. Only after a couple o sessions I get the "this account was accessed by too many computers". This "security" measure puts a really big limit to how much I can play Origin games, not to say that it does not make our accounts more secure, especially when we can enable 2FA (This is not mine but i cant find the original posters name)

[Admin - updated thread title for better search results]

Message 1 of 5 (1,236 Views)

Re: Request to Remove Device Access Limit in Origin

Community Manager

Hey @FrazierEight

Thanks for taking the time to reach out about this. 

I haven't heard if there are any plans to remove the device limit from Origin, but our team is always working on ways to improve our security systems. I can pass your feedback along. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please, I'm having this annoying issue too, it has been reported for months on end now, and another community manager has replied to another post before your reply. Can you guys please do something about this obnoxious issue that does not even improve security at all?

Message 3 of 5 (937 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Please, I'm having this annoying issue too, it has been reported for months on end now, and another community manager has replied to another post before your reply. Can you guys please do something about this obnoxious issue that does not even improve security at all?

Message 4 of 5 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent we understood the potential security challenges of a potential spam / ddos on the login servers, however this control should be lighten up for devices hosted within cloud gaming infrastructure. Otherwise you are limiting players to login only up to 5 times per day / per game since the devices are randomly distributed across the player base.

Please let us know if there are any new plans to address this.

Message 5 of 5 (698 Views)