Request: Out of Bounds Countdown Timer Change

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Request: Out of Bounds Countdown Timer Change

[ Edited ]
Champion

If you went out of bounds and you're going back in bounds, can we have it so that if the player is going back in bounds, the timer slows down dynamically?

In many of the planes, I know that this would have been useful in BF1. You weren't really "deserting" with the slow and cumbersome bombers. If you were moving back in bounds, it would have been beneficial to slow down the speed of the timer. This has a benefit over simply increasing the time, because then people would simply go further out of bounds if they're given more time. So, you'd be promoting good behavior without changing anything else.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 8 (739 Views)

Re: Request: Out of Bounds Countdown Timer Change

In some situations i'm sure players would like to have longer time to get back into the battle.

But the question is, why are even these seconds not enough which we have so far?

Maps are pretty big and players should be able to see early enough where the Dead Zone starts. So they have probably enough time to turn around!

And btw, on some maps it might give some players another opportunity to flank by new ways which are not supposed to be able to use for the Team normally.

So it would also give the Spawn Trap way more space to go into the enemy Base, which in not good to be honest.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 8 (733 Views)

Champion

It's because the bomber and especially the heavy bomber is extremely cumbersome, especially with respect to its turn radius. Also, on maps such as air superiority, the bottom vertical boundary is hard to distinguish. And, if you're being chased, then it's even more challenging.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 8 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree that the turn radius is really weird for this Heavy Bomber. But i mean, how long do players need to realize that the end of the Map is getting closer?! (open up the minimap size)

For Air Assault there is a high indicator byside the minimap as well, if i remember right. Btw i do not see many players still playing Air Assault and if, i do not even see them using the heavy Bomber because it get's rekt way too fast. Wink

Mostly i see people just farm kills on Operations with it, and for the reason how many players complaint about that being OP, it's just fair that the Pilot needs to look where he's flying at. 

Message 4 of 8 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Your idea is not bad, but it is better to do that there was damage, as in pubg. I hope I understand you correctly
Message 5 of 8 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]

@oxxxxxygen

He basically means that we should have longer time to get back into the Battle area, once you're out of Bounds.

In some situations it could be nice to have more seconds to come back into Battle, but in some cases (on some maps) it could open up more opportunities for other players to flank you by new ways that wasn't available before. 

Message 6 of 8 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
okay, so I misunderstood him.
Message 7 of 8 (680 Views)

No worries.  Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (672 Views)