Re: Reporting players for "Smurfing"

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reporting players for "Smurfing"

★ Expert

Since you can report players for smurfing can they actually get banned for "Smurfing" or is this just placebo?

Message 1 of 10 (749 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Just a placebo.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (732 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Just a placebo.
Message 2 of 10 (733 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man I guess I won't bother then LOL
Message 3 of 10 (724 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 They've clarified what they considered smurfing in the past and it isn't what most think. A bannable smurf is a person that uses a new account and throws games over and over to ensure they stay in new lobbies. It's the person that has one good game but then keeps dying on purpose to get another good game.
Message 4 of 10 (720 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor That's pretty redundant since you can get banned for trolling already right? There's the "Sabotage" report already.
Message 5 of 10 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 As far as I know only verbal abuse in chat can get you banned easily. As for cheating/teaming etc, it would take much more time.

Had to report 2 teams teaming back in season 8 with loads of evidence (videos) but none of the 6 cheaters were banned. Checked their names for 2 months.
Message 6 of 10 (702 Views)

★★ Pro

Sad part is, had they of used the work "dumb" or "dumb*ss"  or had a username such as, (Jew-jitsu), they would have been banned instantly. 

Message 7 of 10 (677 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Daze623 Smurfing hasn't  been a concern of any game developer I've ever known.  They just do not care about it.  The benefit of the old Ranking systems tier protection made it less, even though anyone could  have multiple accounts.  Now it is full on smurf mode everywhere you go.

I have to say it never bothered me personally.  Plus, if you let your rank drop, with the splits, everybody started the new season/split as a smurf until they ranked up.  Now, though, with the way ranked is a grind, no tier protection, there's 'smurfing' in ranked AND pubs and it's here to stay unless that tier protection comes back.

Respawn is catering to their pro players and streamers, even if it hurts others in their player base right now.  That's on them.  Maybe they'll change it, maybe they won't but I doubt they will if they like the way things seem to them.

Message 8 of 10 (648 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The only time I've gotten a response from EA about taking action is when I report an offensive name.

Message 9 of 10 (522 Views)

Hero

@Daze623 Hey there Dazed, with respawn smurfing does not mean what it does in other games. A few devs have explained what that reporting feature is for. It was a devs discord hideouts to be exact. But their explanation of that report feature is: Players are allowed to own a alt account or accounts. That is not against the rules due to those who are good are quickly moved out of actual new player lobbies. What that report feature is for is players who purposely tank their stats to say in low end lobbies to stomp them. Due to alt accounts being moved out of those low end lobbies and quickly placed in lobbies they should be in this is not considered smurfing.

image.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 10 (476 Views)