Replay viewer

by jnub64

Original Post

Replay viewer

★ Guide

This game desperately needs to take a big page out of Overwatch's book and add a comprehensive in game replay viewer.  Here are just a few of the reasons why it should be added:

- Identifying cheaters becomes much easier when you can hop into their POV after the game to see if anything they're doing is suspicious.

- VOD reviewing can currently only be done by recording the footage using an external program, and even then it only supports first person.  Adding a replay viewer would allow players to review their own gameplay in a much better way in order to improve.  This also, of course, comes into play with pros, so doing this would also benefit the esport as a whole.

- A replay viewer would allow content creators to flourish, making it so that they can create guides in third person, make montage highlights better, and showcase maps more easily.

- Some of the technology to create a replay viewer is already in the game; Crypto's drone works exactly like a spectator camera would.  Just remove the overlay, make it faster and you have a spectator camera right there.

- (Assuming the replay viewer can be used while queueing) it can reduce downtime between games and keep players engaged.

I really hope a dev sees this and takes it into consideration.  Copying Overwatch isn't a bad thing, all games should have a replay viewer in my opinion and borrowing from Overwatch's example will greatly improve the game.

Message 1 of 5 (308 Views)

Re: Replay viewer

I completely agree.

A replay viewer would be so welcome to apex, I would love to see this.

Message 2 of 5 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@jnub64 I was talking with my friend about something similar like kill cam. The thing is, if they add something like this 50-70% of apex player will quit. The reason why they will quit is that you will see yourself through the enemy's eyes standing still or not being behind cover, while in fact you were already behind cover or doing insane slides. Their bad servers will be exposed and people won't accept to play on them anymore.
Message 3 of 5 (259 Views)

★ Guide

@Tad844 I really think 50%-70% is too high of a number.  Being generous, I think 20% of people who see this will care and 5% of people will care enough to quit.  However, having a replay viewer would make many others want to stay for the reasons I listed above, as well as attracting new people.  Overall this would be a net positive for the game's playerbase, in my opinion.

Message 4 of 5 (254 Views)

Champion
@jnub64 Agree with this. At the last algs event they were using a spectator cam so it should be something doable.
Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)