Replacing XBOX LIVE account linking

by Onessorrow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Replacing XBOX LIVE account linking

★★★ Newbie

I have access to EA account but created a new XBOX LIVE account because I am no longer a child. Trying to link an old EA account to a new XBOX LIVE account. I do not have access to my old XBOX live account that my EA account was linked to. I unlinked the old XBOX live account to try to link it to my new one but it says that the EA account can only be linked to one XBOX live account in its lifetime. Oh yeah? Then why did your support tell me to unlink in the first place?? It is very annoying that I can't use this email for my EA account. I wish EA did not own Battlefield so I can play it easily and in peace. 

Message 1 of 18 (6,980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Replacing XBOX LIVE account linking

Community Manager

Hey @Onessorrow for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (6,963 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Onessorrow for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (6,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever solve this? I've been told there is no solution from ea. Really frustrated.

Message 3 of 18 (6,698 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SRIC10, have you spoken with our live support in relation to this?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 18 (6,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I spoke to two people, neither helpful. Just said I can't do it and need to set up a new EA account.
Message 5 of 18 (6,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SRIC10 Which means setting up a new email address etc etc
Message 6 of 18 (6,663 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SRIC10, if our live support team advised you that they cannot assist then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ as we are not able to assist with any account related issues on AHQ. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 18 (6,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'd like to chime in here as well. I ran into the same issue: I got the Game Pass and my Xbox account was linked to some random EA account I'd never used. Not sure if I "made" it when I signed into an EA game on Xbox 360 or something.

Anyway, I tell the support agent to unlink them, he copy pastes a disclaimer that says an EA account can only have one link to it EVER.

I asked him to check if my account, the correct one, has ever had an Xbox link.

He says no.

I agree to the unlink.

I try to link to the correct accounts.

Well, apparently he didn't actually check because I got the "one link per lifetime" error. The real joke is I can't even connect it back to the first account now. I told the agent what happened and he told me to make a new account. Really great support you guys have around here.

Message 8 of 18 (5,862 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I ran it to the same exact issue. It seems so stupid to have an extra email account just to be able to use something I'm paying for...

Message 9 of 18 (5,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, what a stupid constrain they have. Now I have to have 2 accounts for no reason.

Message 10 of 18 (5,038 Views)