Reparations for wrongful banning?

by Hamsterkickr

Original Post

Reparations for wrongful banning?

★★★ Novice

A friend of mine is currently going through the process of pleading his case to get unbanned. Him, a friend of ours, and myself play exclusively together and I can tell you from my life long of gaming with them, that none of us cheat.  We are often times are lucky to get kills on our team and the banned one in question is often the worst of the 3. An incorrect ban like this really lame since we dont like playing with randoms and basically will lose out on 3-4 days or more of play time. Even more frustrating is all 3 of us are not "free" players and have sunk upwards of the 60$ game tag that most games have  into this game. Is there anything that gets done as repayment when you make the mistake and sort of breech your own terms of service?  You are about to lose 3 more plays from your dwindling base. 3 that would have  been around for a long time to come. 

Message 1 of 26 (774 Views)

Re: Reparations for wrongful banning?

★★ Pro

I'm always curious to see how these situations play out. It's cool when a developer can address issues for us "little people" lol.

Message 2 of 26 (755 Views)

★★★ Novice

What also bothers me is that if you took one look at our records you could surmise none of us cheat.  We likely average 1 or so kills per game and 500 damage.  (Some games way more others none of course) I really am glad they ban the actual cheaters. It is just really lame when innocents get hit by shrapnel.

Message 3 of 26 (753 Views)

★★ Pro

I completely agree. Some games I'll have like 12-1300 damage with 8 kills, but if you break down the averages, you should see the consistent stats... One game shouldn't define if someone's cheating.

Message 4 of 26 (746 Views)

★ Apprentice

The ban is legit. Game didn't work for 4 days for me with the pass and I didn't get anything, oh well, there is no time machine.

Message 5 of 26 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure why you stated the ban is legit.  That is ultimately for the devs to decide. The game not working due to your connection or hardware is a total different concept than the dev preventing you from playing because they messed up. That is my only statement here. Also, as someone who has been multiplayer gaming for 20+ years, this is the first time it has happened to me or a friend. Was not sure if others have encountered similar situations. 

Message 6 of 26 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm sure the devs have ways to tell that we don't. I wish some of these players would start confessing on the forums for wiping people out trying to play the game, 20 kill games aiming with a program, hiding their badges and wins, thinking that they're skilled. That would help this process instead of hurt. We don't always get what we wish for. Try the game w/o toggle.

"Not sure why you stated the ban is legit.  That is ultimately for the devs to decide."

"for 20+ years, this is the first time it has happened to me or a friend."

Another one bites the dust 

Message 7 of 26 (668 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad to see that everyone on here is as toxic as the cheaters. Considering the person in question was the best man at my wedding, yes I will play with him no matter what. The issue here is he was not, nor has he ever cheated. He averaged probably 1 kill per game or less in the 2 months we have played. This is just an annoying process of getting it fixed. A process that has happened to others in this forum  and has been fixed and also talked about to some degree in these forums. The cheat client they use is notorious for messing up. 

Message 8 of 26 (627 Views)

★★★ Guide
People are really quick to jump to conclution. I'm curious to see how this plays out. I am yet to see a case where people have been unbanned.
Message 9 of 26 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well if he gets unbanned anytime soon I will try to respond here.  The one thing he knows was out of place is he logged on on Wednesday and it said he was logged on in two locations,  so he changed his password. Though we are confident he didnt have someone else play his account cause he was the same level in apex. Though it was logged on in 2 locations on the ea account  it apex specifically. 

Message 10 of 26 (629 Views)