Removed bhopping? Why?

by SWEETJE55E

Original Post

Re: Removed bhopping? Why?

★★ Guide

@SWEETJE55E wrote:

Fixing something in which causes a bigger problem is making the game digress not progress. “Go back to coloring in between the circles.” What does that even mean? 

Please tell me how fixing an exploit caused a bigger problem? If you can't figure out what I said, you must have been the one that couldn't stay inside the lines.

Message 11 of 17 (344 Views)

★★★ Expert

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

I'm on PC...was it possible to bhop on console?

Heart

It was possible, but not useful due to clunky controls, and worse, slower movement speed on console means you would not have the momentum to get decent distance with hops.

So it wasn't even worth using a bad button layout.

Message 12 of 17 (336 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SWEETJE55E wrote:

Why would you remove bhopping that added an additional level of skill to the game? And by doing so it caused the issue of the heal process not to initiate for almost 2 seconds after you hit the command. Whoever thought this was a viable use of resources needs a “teachable moment.” Focus on fixing the game, not ruining it. Also develop a RANKED mode!

If you think removing an exploit is "ruining" the game, maybe its time for you to find a new game. Also, it absolutely does not take 2 seconds to initiate heals, I don't know what you're on about. 

Message 13 of 17 (335 Views)

★★ Pro

It sounds like you need a "teachable moment." 

If the game was designed from launch to slow you down while you heal and you find a way around it to make it faster and give you an advantage, you have exploited the game; therefore, it should be fixed.

ex·ploit

verb

/ikˈsploit/
  1. 1.
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    Synonyms: utilizemake use of, put to use, useuse to good advantageturn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize onbenefit fromturn to account, draw on; 
    profit from/by, make capital out of

Why act surprised when you know this? As soon as your character slowed down from healing for the first time, you knew you wanted a faster way to do it. Just accept it, get good, and move forward! Standard smile 

Message 14 of 17 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm sorry Sir/Madam, but bunnyhopping is off the menu.

Can I interest you in a lean/crouch with a side of dolphin diving, it is acknowledged to be as superior if not more so?

If not - we can do you a one hit kill to any part of the body with a sniper rifle - that can either be done with or without the scope and we can make it extra special as a close combat non-scope version?

Or maybe some sort of claymore or grenade bouillabaisse, the claymores you can run backwards and throw them at your opponent and even if you die they will die as well, it also persists after death so you can get a cheap non-skill kill.

The nade version is infinite resupply so you can spam to kingdom come.

Or maybe today's chef's special - the engineer one hit kill RPG or the M60 medic who can heal themselves and doesn't have to reload.

Finally - if we don't have anything on the menu you'd like let us know and we can whip it up in a jiffy, we have unlimited supplies of lame and cheese so nothing is too much to ask.

Message 15 of 17 (319 Views)

★★ Pro

@halo572 wrote:

I'm sorry Sir/Madam, but bunnyhopping is off the menu.

Can I interest you in a lean/crouch with a side of dolphin diving, it is acknowledged to be as superior if not more so?

If not - we can do you a one hit kill to any part of the body with a sniper rifle - that can either be done with or without the scope and we can make it extra special as a close combat non-scope version?

Or maybe some sort of claymore or grenade bouillabaisse, the claymores you can run backwards and throw them at your opponent and even if you die they will die as well, it also persists after death so you can get a cheap non-skill kill.

The nade version is infinite resupply so you can spam to kingdom come.

Or maybe today's chef's special - the engineer one hit kill RPG or the M60 medic who can heal themselves and doesn't have to reload.

Finally - if we don't have anything on the menu you'd like let us know and we can whip it up in a jiffy, we have unlimited supplies of lame and cheese so nothing is too much to ask.

I look like an idiot because I'm laughing so hard at this lmao xD hahaha

Message 16 of 17 (316 Views)

★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

I'm on PC...was it possible to bhop on console?

Heart

It was possible, but not useful due to clunky controls, and worse, slower movement speed on console means you would not have the momentum to get decent distance with hops.

So it wasn't even worth using a bad button layout.

Elite controller made it pretty easy, and didnt have to have the funky layout. Not complaining its gone, was nice while it lasted... the sliding and shooting problem is way worse, one of the core elements of the game ruined for now...

Message 17 of 17 (285 Views)