Re: Remove gold knockdown in solos

by SneedGaming515

Original Post

Remove gold knockdown in solos

★ Guide

What a stupidly pointless * item, who the * thought to leave this in solos, what's the point it is actually useless. Boy I sure do love dropping in a high loot circle only to get a stupid useless * knockdown shield. It takes up a loot spawn, * get rid of it. 

* why? 

Message 1 of 18 (731 Views)

★ Guide

But the gold knockdown shield COULD help out in the final stages. Have you not seen people winning in the final circle due to the shield knocking everyone down yet because of the shield it's auto win.

Apart from that yer it's useless in solos.

Message 2 of 18 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@EThought113213Hey dude got me down, then another guy came they started fighting, I revived myself. Of course I died after, because no health But it was close

Message 3 of 18 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@HuntinwabitsFor me it was other way around. Top 6, killed a camper, but another person came right after while storm was still approaching but I had no cover and half a clip... guy I downed had golden KD shield so what did the guy do... just kneeling looking like he was searching for money and I get killed and ended up 6th while my ‘kill’ was also killed by the guy who killed me...

whoopdiediedoo. I cursed that golden KD shield to high heaven xD

Message 4 of 18 (652 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EThought113213 It’s not actually worthless, it’s the same as a purple with added bonus. If it’s a 1v1, obviously it won’t be used to it’s full effect, but late game, multiple people fighting, it might come in handy.
Message 5 of 18 (627 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EThought113213 I've seen it used by my killer. Last 4, he got knocked straight after killing me then the last 2 started to fight. I spectated my killer who managed a self revive and got back in the fight to finish 2nd.

It has its purposes. No need to get rid of it. Of all the things to get angry about and you pick this?

It's fine. Leave it in Respawn.

Message 6 of 18 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@SneedGaming515 

He said pointless...not worthless...there's a difference!  And it shouldn't be in the solo match cause once you die, you should stay dead. No need for this reviving oneself and steal a win cause your sorry * died but had a mulligan revival...It's for ladies and gentlemen that can't play any better than their dog! just my opinion  

@Silz616  you hoping to pick it up every game..hmmm? Tongue out

#whipsnchainsinthebackground

Heart

Message 7 of 18 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

@SneedGaming515 

He said pointless...not worthless...there's a difference!  And it shouldn't be in the solo match cause once you die, you should stay dead. No need for this reviving oneself and steal a win cause your sorry * died but had a mulligan revival...It's for ladies that can't play any better than their dog! just my opinion  

@Silz616  you hoping to pick it up every game..hmmm? Tongue out

#whipsnchainsinthebackground

Heart

@jumanjaydazed You've obviously seen my PGA Tour Golf gameplay. I need all the mulligans I can muster lol.

I've picked it up twice, but got finished with venom as soon as I didn't die straight away. I don't have a problem with it in solos tbh. Not worth Respawns effort to remove it imo. It's a non issue imo.

Bring on the mulligans.

Edit: I'm reporting you for assuming gender (genderphobe lol). That's a joke btw Wink Nearly as big of a joke as the overly PC age we live in. Soon the term "ladies and gentleman" will be banned because it's offended some poor soul lmao.

Message 8 of 18 (581 Views)

Champion

Yep it's pretty hard to get use out of it in most cases but it can be the difference between winning and losing, especially if you are knocked down from distance.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 9 of 18 (559 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've seen videos on Reddit where the gold shield actually came in quite handy in the final circle. Just because you've had no luck with it, doesn't make it useless. Plus, it doesn't hurt anything to have it in the game so what would be the point of removing it?

Message 10 of 18 (540 Views)