Remove PC controller support...

by QWingz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Remove PC controller support...

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I trigger some controller players here...

REMOVE CONTROLLER (Aim Assist) SUPPORT ON PC. THIS IS NOT FAIR.

Message 1 of 12 (1,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Remove PC controller support...

★ Expert
@QWingz to be fair r-301 is really easy to use. The guy could just have good aim.

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (1,517 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

How do you know that was aim assist and not skill from a controller or mouse user? The aim assist does not stick to you it only slows the reticle down as it is moved over a target, player has to put it on you. It does not snap to target at all (no l2 spam like fortnite used to have) and if you move and the other player does not move their reticle to track you they will miss their shots (it will rotate their view slightly but not stay focussed on you). I have tested it in the firing range with friends. Some of the controller players are very good. I use a controller on pc because I suffer from rsi after years of working at a computer. Another thing I have also tested is the recoil. There is no difference in recoil when using a controller compared to a mouse ( or indeed pc compared to Xbox) as some people seem to think. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,662 Views)

★★ Guide

Here is a video that shows exactly what aim assist does. It is very clear and even I didn’t know about the bit about aiming lower on the body. How aim assist works in apex    . I hope it helps to dispel any myths. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,652 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@QWingz Nothing about this picture tell me that this is a controller. Just because you apparently can't aim, doesn't mean other people can't. If you need aim assist with your mouse you must really be bad lol.

Even if it was a controller, you can't attribute it just to aim assist, it's not like it aims for you. I know people that are very good with a controller, and easily keep up with kb/m users.

Message 4 of 12 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SixthOTDMy aim is good don't worry, any don't tell me anything about "Aim Assist". This picture is say everything. He/she didn't miss a shot. All bullets on my body because aim assist. And he / she shot behind me. You don't know about my aim. So it's ridiculous for you to talk about my aim.

AIM ASSIST IS NOT FAIR ON PC. REMOVE CONTROLLER SUPPORT ON PC.

Message 5 of 12 (1,531 Views)

★ Expert
@QWingz to be fair r-301 is really easy to use. The guy could just have good aim.
Message 6 of 12 (1,518 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@QWingz Controller support isn't going to be removed. And no need to whine about it. You have your whole palm to control a mouse while controller players have to use their thumb hence the aim assist.

Quit your whinging and fight
- Lifeline
Message 7 of 12 (1,497 Views)

★★ Guide

Did you even watch the video I linked to? Loads of people hit all their shots regularly. Especially up close. 

Message 8 of 12 (1,423 Views)

★ Apprentice

You're not triggering controller players as much as you are trying to nerf them needlessly. Aim assist is the pro to a controller, and reactivity is the benefit to a mouse. To compensate for the slower method of input, aim assist allows console players to stay on par with mice users.

Spoiler
It's completely fair, as it's a skill-based input that will never snap-to like a mouse will.
Message 9 of 12 (1,315 Views)

★ Guide

1. Don't remove controller support. People should be allowed to use whatever input control they like.

2. DO remove any form of aim assist. This simply is not fair to provide if a user chooses 1 input method over another. If you cannot use your controller to bring a shot onto target all by yourself, then that could be a limitation of the control method. Some are more precise than others.

Message 10 of 12 (1,300 Views)