Re: Remove Denuvo from NFS Heat

by MEGAF1UX

Original Post

Remove Denuvo from NFS Heat

★★★★ Novice

Please remove Denuvo completely from the game or allow us to choose between a DRM and DRM-free version of NFS Heat, it lowers down the framerate, causes some freezes and other stuff.

Message 1 of 51 (10,621 Views)

@Prohorov_Ilja I had a feeling that NFS Heat was gonna have Denuvo... Disappointed

Both NFS 2015 and NFS Payback also had Denuvo, so I am not surprised that NFS Heat has it as well.

I agree that Denuvo needs to go.

For the reasons stated above, along with that the game requires a online connection to the Denuvo servers to authenticate the game to its servers. Meaning the game really can't be played offline.

I would had made a thread about Denuvo months ago, but I was so busy with other things that I didn't make one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 51 (10,553 Views)

★★★★ Guide

dont remove it! the second you do your product is worthless! let the bums pay for your games like everyone else.

Message 3 of 51 (10,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I can't believe human can be so selfish to this level, you know without denuvo this game can be crack in day one, so all the dev handwork gone for free? Or you are planning to pirate? You think EA will be so stupid by spending so much money to get protection and remove it simply? duhhh..

Message 4 of 51 (10,510 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MEGAF1UX wrote:

dont remove it! the second you do your product is worthless! let the bums pay for your games like everyone else.

@ismejacks wrote:

I can't believe human can be so selfish to this level, you know without denuvo this game can be crack in day one, so all the dev handwork gone for free? Or you are planning to pirate? You think EA will be so stupid by spending so much money to get protection and remove it simply? duhhh..

Judging from both of your responses, I believe you both have no clue how useless Denuvo is.

Does this Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM benefit you in any way? Does it?

No, it doesn't. This DRM gives you no benefits whatsoever.

Even if Denuvo is removed, your game is still worth something. It's a game that YOU paid for.

And you know even with or without Denuvo, games will still eventually be cracked anyways. It's just a matter of time of how long it takes. Hackers will crack just about anything with a petty reason such as "Just for fun".

Also once the hackers eventually crack the game, their pirated games will actually run better than the official games with the Denuvo DRM. Let that sink in.

Link: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/Denuvo_Anti-Tamper 

By the way, I have Origin Access Premier so I'm playing NFS Heat legally on Day 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

Message 5 of 51 (10,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sigh.. company used protection just for protecting early sales around 3-6 months that's where the core sales comes from, is protecting them so they won't go bankrupt and continue to make games for you guys. Not gamer. imagine you are developer or have a game company what would you do to protect yourself from all the hardwork, oh my this world is full of toxic

Message 6 of 51 (10,439 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ismejacks wrote:

Sigh.. company used protection just for protecting early sales around 3-6 months that's where the core sales comes from, is protecting them so they won't go bankrupt and continue to make games for you guys. Not gamer.

I would say most of the sales happen within the first month of the game's lifespan.

But even then, the game can still be cracked within its first month.

ismejacks wrote:

imagine you are developer or have a game company what would you do to protect yourself from all the hardwork

CD Projekt Red thinks otherwise.

Their upcoming game Cyberpunk 2077 will be DRM-free and people are overwhelmingly happy about it having no DRM such as Denuvo.

ismejacks wrote:

oh my this world is full of toxic

LOL Large smile

Simply by having an argument, you say this is toxic. That's so funny! LOL Large smile

As it's quite clear you don't want an argument, I'll just agree to disagree.

Need For Speed helper

Message 7 of 51 (10,429 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@TheRealJony wrote:

@ismejacks wrote:

Sigh.. company used protection just for protecting early sales around 3-6 months that's where the core sales comes from, is protecting them so they won't go bankrupt and continue to make games for you guys. Not gamer.

I would say most of the sales happen within the first month of the game's lifespan.

But even then, the game can still be cracked within its first month.

ismejacks wrote:

imagine you are developer or have a game company what would you do to protect yourself from all the hardwork

CD Projekt Red thinks otherwise.

Their upcoming game Cyberpunk 2077 will be DRM-free and people are overwhelmingly happy about it having no DRM such as Denuvo.

ismejacks wrote:

oh my this world is full of toxic

LOL Large smile

Simply by having an argument, you say this is toxic. That's so funny! LOL Large smile

As it's quite clear you don't want an argument, I'll just agree to disagree.

if anything its YOU who doesnt understand. they STILL havent cracked mk 11 because of this protection. its an insurance policy, IF it does get defeated then they dont pay for it. dont know about the rest of you but my computer can handle the less than 1% overhead it uses.

Message 8 of 51 (10,401 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MEGAF1UX wrote:

if anything its YOU who doesnt understand. they STILL havent cracked mk 11 because of this protection. its an insurance policy, IF it does get defeated then they dont pay for it. dont know about the rest of you but my computer can handle the less than 1% overhead it uses.

Did you even read my second reply in this thread?

The reply that talks about Denuvo and why it's useless and hurts the consumer?

If you're not gonna read that, then I'm just wasting my time arguing with someone who doesn't read my arguments.

Why is it that people are happy that Cyberpunk 2077 will be DRM-free and people like the original poster are upset that NFS Heat has Denuvo? Care to tell me?

NFS Heat was just released yesterday, so I highly doubt that anyone has the game pirated right now.

I have Origin Access Premier, so I'm currently playing NFS Heat legally. But I'm still complaining about Denuvo making games online-only and hurting game performance.

Video of comparison between games with Denuvo and without Denuvo:

Need For Speed helper

Message 9 of 51 (10,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

you can play naive all you want, people cheer on cdpr nomatter what they do (like being a parasitic game shop). why WOULDNT people be stoked to steal their game on day 1 because its completely unprotected? me personally im all for them making ALL games online only, taking peoples CID and SS#s and then banning them for life from all online games if they get caught cheating. it makes for better games FOR GAMERS.

Message 10 of 51 (10,366 Views)