Re: ​Remove Deathboxes, Let Items Fall To The Ground After Death.​

by DankToliet

Original Post

​Remove Deathboxes, Let Items Fall To The Ground After Death.​

★★★★ Pro

​Remove Deathboxes, Let Items Fall To The Ground After Death.​

1) It would help everyone to loot quicker, especially controller users.
2) It would allow for better access to areas where deathboxes can create issues like but not limited doors, hallways etc.

A: Crypto, Ash's abilities would have to be changed.
B: A small player token could be added to show a player's death card and/ or banner.

Message 1 of 20 (532 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Popa2caps No, do you realize how much junk would be on the floor at more congested POIs? You'd have frame rate issues off the wazoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Message 2 of 20 (518 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DankToliet 

I don't think the frame rate would change that much or none at all to be honest. At the start of the map (even in a hot drop situation) my frames are great with the loot already on the ground, plus with all the abilities or what not.

It's my understanding that the game already knows the location and/ or item even if the player doesn't know it's there.

Even in the testing range my frames are perfectly fine with all the loot (even copies) all placed out on the ground. Why would my idea hurt the FPS?
Message 3 of 20 (505 Views)

★★ Guide
@Popa2caps That's because all the loot is spread out the whole map. If you has it cluttered up with 50 people that died your frame rate would suffer 100%
Message 4 of 20 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Paneross 

Firing range does fine, even has 3 to 4 copies of the attachments right? I'm sure Respawn could think of a system where certain loot combines where it should, like ammo, shields or something.

Understand that COD Warzone runs on old consoles back from 2013 with double the amount of people than Apex Legends, meanwhile having solid 60 FPS with loot that drops to the ground.

Respawn could make loot drop to the ground.

If Apex Legends doesn't do some major tweaks before the next COD, Apex Legends will take a drastic loss in player population. Warzone 2 is shaping up very well. Respawn needs to think how to keep the players engaged, and my idea is one of them.

Message 5 of 20 (486 Views)

★★ Guide
@Popa2caps They won't change it though. Firing range has disappearing loot and does not come close to the amount of loot on the ground and in bins across the map.

Your idea is horrible, IF Apex takes a drastic loss it won't be because of death boxes lol.
Message 6 of 20 (469 Views)

@Popa2caps This is not a good idea. Do you know how cluttered the loot would be? Purple bag and they dump all their ammo onto the ground.. it would be a headache trying to pick out individual items.

Have you ever made it to top 2 and boxed? Everyone dumps their loot on the ground then you box to death? When that happens the loot on the ground is a mess.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 20 (465 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Where's my forum badge for season 12?

Message 8 of 20 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Popa2capsI really like this idea. They would have to change certain things to be auto pickup with limits tho. Kinda like warzone.

Message 9 of 20 (445 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex 

So you don't like the idea because it would make a mess?

Message 10 of 20 (428 Views)