Remove. Bots. From. Multiplayer. PvP.

by GutmanSca

Original Post

Re: Remove. Bots. From. Multiplayer. PvP.

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I don't play this game these days, and bots has a lot to do with it. I understand why they were introduced but they ruined the fun for me personally. It's not just the bots. I will fire it up in a couple of months when hopefully new content has been added and rekindle my interest.

Even though I don't play I check back on this forum regularly to see what you are all up to! The fandom and dedication to this game deserves a great game.

Message 41 of 50 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@34975634954957 Its not just the bots for me but popcaps track record of embarrasment after embarrasment on an already mediocre borderline bad mess and the fact that ive gotten more death threats on this game then the last ten years of call of duty,halo,and all the team fortress games combined(tf2 aint really toxic just pointing out I've played for a while) shows something about this in game community and prompts some soul searching( I can handle trash talk but telling me to slit my wrists in front of my younger cousin is just enough).

And just like you i still look through the forum from time to time but I'm done with bfn, popcap, and the in game community.
Message 42 of 50 (534 Views)

★★ Pro
@stukapooka I honestly had no idea it was that bad, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I haven't had a single message sent to me and I've been playing on PS4 since Founders.
Message 43 of 50 (498 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Hey @stukapooka!

Nice to see you on the forum again Large smile, even if the circumstances are sad Frown.

I'm sorry you had to experience this. I thought it was bad when I read your goodbyes post, but know it was terrible.

Always remember not to listen to these terrible people.

Personally, my experiences with the community have been similar to @shurikeninja's.

I have never received any hate messages through PSN. I only encountered toxic people using the in-game messages., but I also encountered a lot of nice people.

As the reports of hate messages here have been increasing, I have now disabled messages.

Message 44 of 50 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey everyone, I’m gonna barge in, because I can. I think.

@benn1nat0r  I haven’t properly done this yet, but I’m going to take your (and others’) advice and turn message requests off of my Xbox, which means I cannot receive messages at all (I’m immune, shall I say) unless from friends. I do not like hate messages! I hate them! See what I did there?  I’m happy to hear that you and @shurikeninja have not encountered rude messages through PlayStation. I suggest reporting them if you ever get them (to Sony?). Me and my brother will team up and will personally both report hate messages that either of us gets. 

@34975634954957 I hope to see you around on the forums every so often. Fingers crossed Have to agree with bots, but I’m used to them and can get over them by now.

@stukapooka  I am massively sorry to hear that. You shouldn’t have to deal with that any longer. From what I have remembered, you had reported these people when you got the messages. It seemed it did not do much. Hope to see you on the forums every so often as well. Fingers crossed

EDIT: A big typo, I was supposed to say you do not encounter hate messages.

Message 45 of 50 (478 Views)

★★ Pro

I still have hope for the AI backfill to be removed one day, so I'm commenting this just so it gets on top posts.

Message 46 of 50 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I would not miss Al being removed from PvP if they did. I think they should only appear in Private Play and Battle Chests.

Message 47 of 50 (404 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Well, we know the devs can't save this game, and we all know it's just going to continue to die. So bots will have to stay
Message 48 of 50 (395 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GutmanSca Well the majority here doesn't particularly like them, but we all somewhat agree they have to stay, if cross play doesn't get added. Before they were added, you could literally have a game of Team Vanquish that is a 1v5. It was terrible.

Message 49 of 50 (364 Views)

Champion

When I first heard about Bots coming to PvP, it was unexpected. I was not that on board with the change. I have learned to live with them, and get used to them, but if they could be removed at some point, that would be good. A counter for now: try to find busy regions and lobbies.

Message 50 of 50 (358 Views)