Re: Remove. Bots. From. Multiplayer. PvP.

by stukapooka

Original Post

Remove. Bots. From. Multiplayer. PvP.

★★ Pro

Need I say anything? I think any person with a brain knows this is a problem by now.

Message 1 of 50 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Pro

@GutmanSca I agree that bot play in online multiplayer is a frustrating feature, and I know they put it in there to balance out lobbies, but sometimes it does seem like the whole enemy team is full of bots. I at least hope the devs tweak it soon and make the bots fill on both teams, hopefully that helps a bit with this issue.

Message 2 of 50 (1,454 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca I may not have a brain by saying this lol, but they need to stay. If they tine the bots down and increase the xp given by vanquishing them to make it more worthwhile it'll be fine imo. The game is dying. It needs this. There is no other way rlly.
Message 3 of 50 (1,433 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 This! The game is dying and lacking players for multiple reasons that I could almost write a book about it, pc is practically dead all around and anything that isn't called turf isn't very popular on console, I mean mixed modes had the least amount players so do we wonder why they removed it (I believe its a mistake to demote it to weekly gamemode but unless thousands of new players join it will remain dead). Bots are sadly the only alternative from outright new players, although the introduction of damage falloff could make their aimbot less annoying alongside methods to not make them cheat at the game to give the illusion of difficulty.
Message 4 of 50 (1,384 Views)

★★ Expert
@stukapooka Yh, exactly. I despise bots, but despise dead lobbies more.
Message 5 of 50 (1,380 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 Its sad man, I still get more players in gw1 ps3 and gw2 suburbination games then I did mixed modes on bfn, such a dropped ball of a game.
Message 6 of 50 (1,374 Views)

★★ Expert
@stukapooka Yh it really is. So much potential, just left to die and wither. IDK how the devs will bounce back from this, if they even do and create another shooter tbh considering the bad reception from this one.
Message 7 of 50 (1,372 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 I've said it before but they would be luckily to most likely break even even with this game but even then knowing EA's track record (dead space anyone?) that wont be good enough for them combined the fandom being split right down the middle or downright leaving in some areas because of 3 and bfn due to all the wierd changes of an already successful formula.

I really believe that they were told that they had to put a game out in a year and a half dosen't matter what it was or how it played they had to get it out for sales by the holidays (Oh the death bell for many games of many franchises) and is why the design and mechanics feel so conflicting yet why so many old ideas and gamemodes remain.
Message 8 of 50 (1,342 Views)

★★ Expert
@stukapooka Yh, cuz I don't rlly think EA care about this franchise tbh. They have a fully-fledged game (RA) that is doing very well rn, why would they care about us? Nothing at EA play rlly, and poor marketing for this game.
Message 9 of 50 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 It also seems they're trying reboot the franchise overall with 3 and bfn to have more gameplay casual for newcomers as seen by pvz3's clash royale inspired system and bfn more overwatch focus on team play (which in my opinion dosent really work for the characters as scientist and engineer have shown us for being just "support" classes) and the rumored lay offs and funding behind the scenes due to battlefront 2, battlefield 5, and anthem being EA showing the worst of themselves again and losing money.

Its a wonder how overall the fandom and franchise seemed pretty happen when gw2 and heroes we're in late 2016 having crossover events in harmony to now.
Message 10 of 50 (1,311 Views)