Re: Remove Abandonment Penalty

by ElBirri

Original Post

Remove Abandonment Penalty

★★ Apprentice

One of the most disappointing rules is having an abandonment penalty in place.  You get joined in a game with players who should not be in a ranked match to begin with, and get penalized for leaving right after you get knocked down.  It's not a comprehensive penalty, and leaves a lot more frustration for the community of people who actually like to compete. Think of a better, more constructive way to penalize players, instead of punishing those who are already frustrated with the match.

Message 1 of 33 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Go to fortnite. You're playing a team based game and you're going to ditch your team when there's ALWAYS a chance they could surprise you. Do not remove the penalty, but enable the ability to derank so that we can all end up in our PROPER ranks.

Message 2 of 33 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Guide
@greygh05t how about just waiting out the short timer and then quitting...?
Message 3 of 33 (1,867 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DAYUMshecanFART They didn't do the derank thing from divisions I think to have people test it out kinda like a beta, just like how they are having us test the new weapons and hop ops. Next season and series ranks will probably be different.
Message 4 of 33 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Guide
@greygh05t you know, you can wait 1min to leave.

you can... idk look youtube, facebook, surfing internet, etc... but is just 1min men.
Message 5 of 33 (1,854 Views)

★ Guide

More like make it way, way harsher.

People still leave as soon as they are down because the punishment doesn't come fast enough.

Make it WAY harsher, especially in ranked.

Message 6 of 33 (1,833 Views)

★★ Guide

A wild rage quitter suddenly appears!

Message 7 of 33 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

But it's off, isn't it? Or was it turned back on with yesterday's patch?

It definitely was not on when I played yesterday (I've left more than a few games before my respawn timer expired (hey, don't judge me, there was no hope for respawn in those games and trying would have just got them killed)).

Message 8 of 33 (1,806 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Nah. Quiting early is for non ranked matches. 

Message 9 of 33 (1,793 Views)

★★ Expert

@Neil_Enbob 

Not necessarily a " wild rage quitter" ... he and others, like myself, would rather not not play with useless people... Pretty sure you've been there..but not on our side! :eahigh_file: Boooooooooooooom...you're dead but we've already quit

Heart

Message 10 of 33 (1,765 Views)