Re: Remove 4k and 20 Badges, Devs read please

by Paneross

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Remove 4k and 20 Badges, Devs read please

★★★ Pro

For the few who got them legitimately congratulations. However, the majority players that do have those badges cheesed them with premade groups and queuing up together. 

Those same players have the audacity to make those requirements for LFG posts and they can't even consistently break 1k damage a game.

At this point I'm not sure what badges can actually be used has a show of skill. I made it to Diamond last season and use that.

But I stay away from LFG with 4k, 20k requirements because they're just looking for carries.

Message 1 of 22 (5,812 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@DankToliet @SixthOTD 

Maybe disable damage and kill count after killing the same player 3 times. 

You would have to kill a different player to increase your damage and kills.

At least 20bomb will be harder this way.

Another solution is to make respawn card deliver to beacon a 1 time thing or 2 times and then respawn card disabled.

So everybody gets 1 or 2 respawn lives and that's it.

I know at least 8 people on Xbox who got 20bomb and 4k damage by killing each other. 😂

View in thread

Message 11 of 22 (6,282 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@DankToliet None of this shows any good reason to get rid of two badges among the hardest in the game to attain. You have no way of proving that people got the badges illegitimately.

Really this just sounds like a post by a guy that's butt hurt that he doesn't have those badges yet.
Message 2 of 22 (5,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SixthOTDbutt hurt no, I'm sick of players advertising they've earned these badges and are complete garbage. My wins and k/d are worth more than a badge that shows you got 4k damage once.

Where's my badge for winning 8 ranked games in a row? That's greater than the six 3k badges and 2k on every Legend that I have right now.

Message 3 of 22 (5,796 Views)

★★ Guide
@DankToliet Remove no, but reset and fix their matchmaking wouldn't be a bad idea.
Message 4 of 22 (5,777 Views)

★★ Guide
@SixthOTD Did you not read OP's part about premade groups? Let me guess, you got yours from one of them and you all farmed your badges too? You call that earning?
Message 5 of 22 (5,780 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Paneross The key word in my post is that there is no proof. I am not one of these people, as I do not have either of those badges.
Message 6 of 22 (5,721 Views)

★★ Expert
@DankToliet I'm with @SixthOTD .

Unless you can 100% prove the cheese than no reason for them to rid of it.

The only players who shouldn't have them are the ones who cheesed it in the Fright Or Flight LTM event.

Anyways you do have other stats to show off likes kills or special gun kills along with other badges.
Message 7 of 22 (5,667 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SixthOTD I'm hurt that i can't get those badges.

I went through a stage where i finally started to "get" the game, things were clicking and i was slapping up kills each game. Looked like i was on the way to one of these badges being a possibility.

Then suddenly, something changed. Whether it's the servers, netcode, my console or what. But now it seems like an impossibility to get a 20 kill badge.

The damage one seems perhaps possible if just spamming snipers pointlessly.
Message 8 of 22 (5,630 Views)

★ Guide

That’s how most people get it, I poked damage with a choked triple take in a ranked game today, no kills just assists and did 1300 damage and that was just the last circle cause my team was camping hard. 

Message 9 of 22 (5,597 Views)

Champion

I think that they should make a few badges unattainable until you reach a certain level, the 20 kill and 4000 damage among them.

There is so little context surrounding them, you never really know how they were achieved.

Getting them as a smurf is relatively easy, so maybe by reducing the possibility of them being earned at low levels might stop a lot of high level players from smurfing.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 10 of 22 (5,556 Views)