Remastering The Sims 1

by NeonElephant088

Original Post

Re: Remastering The Sims 1

Maybe not remastering, but how about adapting The Sims 1 to the "new era"? Tongue out

Honestly, I'd pay for The Sims 1 if it were on Origin. In my honest opinion it's just a great game and also a game changer, it showed players a completely new way of playing games, with creativity and some crazy/random stuff! It was our very own world, and we were basically gods controlling out little Sims, making them happy or miserable.

What I really love about The Sims 1 is the "suburb style", I think that while The Sims 2 kept that style, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 developed another style which is nice, but it feels... lifeless. The Sims 1 and 2 had that suburbs vibe, and even a kitsch vibe which is kind of weird but so funny. The Sims 1 and 2 were truly awesome life simulators.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 11 of 29 (1,597 Views)

★★ Novice
To be honest i don't even want the graphics re-done i don't want the game changed the game was perfect to begin with...just make it work on newer operating systems.
Message 12 of 29 (1,525 Views)

★★ Guide

I have sims 3 and 4, where can I buy the very first game as it looks like EA does not sell it any more?

Message 13 of 29 (1,512 Views)

@athewhofan2  You can find some copies on Amazon, but they are bloody expensive. If you dig deeper, you might find some decently priced copies. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 14 of 29 (1,501 Views)

★★ Guide

thank you for the info some one did give me a desk with it on but since I moved house unable to find it.

Message 15 of 29 (1,495 Views)

@athewhofan2  moving...somehow, you always end up losing some stuff...Hope that you will be able to buy those at a decent price. Look for Sims: Complete Collection, as that includes everything released for Sims 1.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 16 of 29 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sims 1 REMASTER 

I am a massive fan of Sims 1.. I cannot seem to get on with any other sims games.

Sims 1 always had add ons e.g Hot Date, Makin Magic, Holiday, Pets.

Although the graphics are not what they are today that just doesn't seem to bother me.

In sims 1 you never seem to age which mean you can work on building your life and lifestyle forever.

I would just love to see a Sims 1 remaster and them hopefully the add on games would follow after.

I just LOVE sims 1 and I know many others that would love to see this either remastered to be compatable with devices of this day.

Message 17 of 29 (1,390 Views)

@katieholling  From what i gather, Sims 3 and 4 allow disabling aging from the options. Sims 2 required a code to to do that. 

But i agree that Sims 1 has a certain charm that can't be found in the later games of the series. Maybe its sandbox nature, maybe the incredible build editor or its modding community...i don't know. 

Sims 2 added a lot of gameplay mechanics, while Sims 3 built on them, but Sims 3 also lost some nice mechanics in the process, too. Things like house building became overlysimplified, the shopping distericts could not be customized anymore and so on. 

And as much as i'd like to get into Sims 4, its relationship focus just isn't for me. The one thing that i really did not want was me taking care of each relation out there. 

My ideal Sims would be a mix between Sims 1-3. The house building from Sims 1, the gameplay mechanics from SIms 2 with the questing from Sims Stories/Sims 3. 

Message 18 of 29 (1,317 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i liked how simple the sims 1 was this sims 4 has show much * in it now that i don't even know where anything is i don't even play it anymore i will pay for sims 1 remaster if that day even comes till then im done wasting money on sims

Message 19 of 29 (1,076 Views)

★★ Novice

Sims 3 was a really good game. Definitely no comparison to the greatness of the original but the controls were fluid, the gameplay was good. A bit glitchy and laggy but hey it usually worked...sims 4 was absolute garbage. A massive billboard saying that new and innovative is not necessarily good. Please remaster the original sims...please. 

Message 20 of 29 (882 Views)