Reinforcements for Grand Operations

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Reinforcements for Grand Operations

[ Edited ]
Champion

For BF1's Operations mode and some other game modes, the game ends when one team's reinforcements goes down to zero. However, shouldn't it end when the number of reinforcements goes to zero and when all teammates on the field are dead? So, when the number of reinforcements goes down to zero, no one else can spawn in and the remaining players are tasked with capping the objective. This will heighten the suspense of the game a little bit more, and give the attacking team a bit more of a chance against the infinitely spawning defending team. I always found it strange that the game abruptly ends like when the alarm sounds in The Purge movie, even though you have enemies right next to each other mid-shooting. Maybe this change can be implemented for BFV Grand Operations.

Also, as an aside, in BF1, if you revive someone while you're capping or have capped all objectives and you have 0 reinforcements, your reinforcements will go from 0 to 1. This doesn't make sense at all if you have 0 reinforcements and say, 10 teammates die - if you revive 1 player, then you still get 1 reinforcement instead of the game keeping an internal count of -9. I'd be curious to know what BFV's logic will be with respect to this.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 5 (633 Views)

Re: Reinforcements for Grand Operations

Hero

It's probably a case of fun gameplay > realism.

Spending 5 more minutes each fight each and every fight looking for the last 5 enemies trolling your team by hiding just wouldn't be fun and to be fair, a waste of time when it comes to finding out who should win the game.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I play a ton of Operations in BF1 and the retreaters are always killed off quickly.

That said, in cases when the attackers are trolling by hiding, one way to speed things up would be to start an internal timer once the reinforcements goes to zero, just like when the defenders are given X amount of time before they die for being out of bounds when they're supposed to advance to the next sector.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 5 (566 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I think the current system is fine as it is. People are already bitching about the time to respawn being too long in bfv. People are just not that patient. They're not going to want to hang around waiting for the last camper noob that doesn't know what attack means to be found, even if there is a time limit. It's just delaying the innevitable, and annoying half the player base Inthe process.
Message 4 of 5 (542 Views)

EA DICE Team

It’s a good idea that has a negative consequence. For example, you can have that one guy/girl in a plane that is just doing circles on the edge of the map or one guy/girl that is hiding completely still somewhere in a bush. If you have a big map it’s going to be time-consuming and hard to find that guy/girl and will cause more frustration then fun gameplay.

/Atic 

Message 5 of 5 (527 Views)