Regarding NTW-50 Nerf.

by KrynoLen

Original Post

Regarding NTW-50 Nerf.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello !

ive put some time playing Battlefield 2042.

I have mostly played Recon in every Battlefield Title. love it! When i played Battlefield 2042 for the first time after the beta and looked at the snipers available. I saw that beauty of a weapon. The NTW-50. I wanted to have it. So i leveled and leveled. Got shot by tanks soo many times. Helicopters that barraged me right after i spawned. Kept lvling. And saw people using the NTW-50. It was perfect. And lovely to see ! And it just made me more passionate of leveling and playing. Only to be on par with a Tank that can one shot you across the map. Or that Attack chopper that is flying 600-700 mtrs in the air beaming people down with his 50MM Cannon. Few days before i was rewarded that beauty of a gun the new patch dropped. Just shuck it off and hopped in a game. Like a happy lil kid i used that beast. But it didn’t feel like a beast anymore. Still can 1 shot enemy soldiers. But now im tickling tanks only for them to turn their turret. And firing my head off clean.

Sorry for this story. But can you please revert the Dmg/velocity nerf? Its a .50 cal. Its also made for this. 
keep the 8x scope nerf on the NTW-50. But Revert the dmg. 
Another suggestion is that the High Powered Mag gets More Dmg. Since you get only 3/4 shots. 

people who complain about the NTW-50 being to “OP”  take an M5 Recoilless that can one shot a locked nightbird. or the 60MM FLAK on the wildcat that can one shot 3-4 shot 9 complete squads. The NTW-50 was really good and did what it was designed for. Now its just a infantry one shotter.

Give it less dmg on a enemy body ( survive with 5 hp or so)  and buff the vehicle dmg. Just throwing out ideas. 

Thanks for reading this post. Take Care all! and stay safe!

Message 1 of 10 (2,434 Views)

Re: Regarding NTW-50 Nerf.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I really don't think the nerf was needed at all.  I use the gun quite a lot still but it has a slow rate of fire, small magazine, low reserve ammo and horrible drop off at distance.  Its not an easy gun to use.  I think they must have been watching too many highly skilled streamers knocking helicopters out of the air at long range because I find its really not that easy to hit a moving target in the air at anything more than 50m or so. 

My suggestion would be to revert the damage to where it was at launch, but you have to go prone to use it just like the anti tank guns used to be in BF5.  Its a bit silly to be able to stand and shoulder fire a .50 cal sniper rifle anyway.  

Message 2 of 10 (2,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I think that your solution is a better one then i suggested. And more realistic too. 

But Then again Rather than going prone isn't it better to have it only fire 100% accurate when the bipod is in use?

The low reserve ammo is not a big problem since you can get ammo pretty easy in Battlefield 2042.

Indeed the drop off is extreme. Some scopes are unusable because of it. there is no use for a 8x for a distant target when you have to aim off screen to compensate for the bullet drop, since there is no Zeroing option ingame for it ( BTW that would be a nice addition too for the game. if it isn't already planned )

The gun isn't unusable but i think its just nerfed way to hard. and 1 shotting people with it is boring. Like i said the M5 Recoilless can 1 shot Nighbirds etc. While the AA Rocket gadget does not.

So to any DEV reading this. Please Revert the DMG to the Launch Values. And make it so that the gun can only fire scoped when the bipod is in place so that the gun is Balanced out.

Message 3 of 10 (2,330 Views)

Please no prone weapons.

I don't use it, haven't unlocked it even, but I do think it needs to have a use against vehicles. The infantry damage needs a balance too but no idea what.

Message 4 of 10 (2,320 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@A_al_K_pacino_A If this solution is getting taken seriously there is no need for the infantry balance. i mentioned in my original post. since you can only fire when the bipod is in use. the gun can 1 shot enemy's at around 130 to 160 Meters i believe? i think that's reasonable since it is a .50 Cal (correct me if im wrong) The DXR-01 and SWS can also 1 shot enemy's at close range. but this would be the best Solution to balance the weapon out.
Message 5 of 10 (2,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This Video is on point explaining this topic!

Please look at this Devs :D ! 

This video is not mine and all rights etc go to the one who made it !

Message 6 of 10 (2,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I had that video pop up in my feed this morning.  He makes a very good point about the gun used to be a good counter for camping vehicles.  If they continue down this impulsive reaction route when it comes to balancing then all the guns will end up the same and it will become quite boring.  I don't understand why they reduced the number of rounds and massively reduced the power at the same time.  Why couldn't they have tried the magazine reduction first to see how it effected the game?  Its a long reload anyway so I think that alone would have had the impact they thought was needed.

I could also have accepted a slight reduction against the main tanks but the damage against lighter ground and air vehicles was absolutely fine.

Message 7 of 10 (2,203 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They also need to encourage the tanks to be aggressive by making them less gimped at close range combat.

The blasts and the turret speed and angles are horrible.

I would love the NTW to get back its old damage, especially vs ligher vehicles

Message 8 of 10 (2,165 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@KrynoLen I agree
Message 9 of 10 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Novice
some weapons are reduced so that they are not worth a *, ntw-50, k30 (smg) I think the dxr-10 sniper has also been reduced in the new season, damage and distance have become a lot of *
Message 10 of 10 (263 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help