Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Refund

by Quinxder
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Refund

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Quinxder wrote:

@Owl_Knighly wrote:

I don't know what that says


It says, its a looter shooter Standard smile Action is the main categorie but nvm^^

 

I really doubt that.

 

 

 

You know whats also action? Destiny, Warframe and The Division.

 

 

and what's your point to this one? Going somewhere with that logic or did you just want to name other games in the same category?


 

Message 31 of 57 (222 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

….we were ALL presented with an EULA that states the return policies that we AGREE'D too upon accepting...so...if people didn't read (I read EVERY line when presented one, yes tedious) then if people go beyond the accepted terms of said agreement then there is no soapbox to stand on...period.


Nobody was talking about the EULA but anyway. Get your facts straight.


Umm....if you are referring to a Refund, which is what this post is about then yes, you are talking about the EULA...think my facts are arrow straight thank you.

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bk7g2e/the_actual_full_eula_and_terms_conditions/


If i refer to refund, i dont talk about the eula but about the LAW.


….um...you accepted the EULA which is considered legally binding document. Please see the definition below. My friend...seems lawful to me

 

An End User License Agreement (EULA) is a legal contract between a software application author or publisher and the user of that application.

_____________________________________________________________
"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 32 of 57 (221 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

★ Guide
Just some good knowledge for you guys in the future.

While yes agreeing to a EULA does bind you to some things typically...

It DOES NOT provide immunity to the issuer.

EULAs can be unlawful, unclear, and misleading. This is why they are updated all the time.

Facebook is facing a 5 billion dollar lawsuit right now for such things.
Message 33 of 57 (205 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Owl_Knighly wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@Owl_Knighly wrote:

I don't know what that says


It says, its a looter shooter Standard smile Action is the main categorie but nvm^^

 

I really doubt that.

 

 

 

You know whats also action? Destiny, Warframe and The Division.

 

 

and what's your point to this one? Going somewhere with that logic or did you just want to name other games in the same category?


 


Your doubts, your problem. I know very well whats written there and i know whats a loot shooter. You dont, of course but that doesnt matter right?

 

It was you who started that very childish argument "No, Anthem is no loot shooter". Doesnt effect my argument in any way, so ask yourself whats your point.

Message 34 of 57 (204 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

★★★★★ Apprentice

@gortessoth wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

….we were ALL presented with an EULA that states the return policies that we AGREE'D too upon accepting...so...if people didn't read (I read EVERY line when presented one, yes tedious) then if people go beyond the accepted terms of said agreement then there is no soapbox to stand on...period.


Nobody was talking about the EULA but anyway. Get your facts straight.


Umm....if you are referring to a Refund, which is what this post is about then yes, you are talking about the EULA...think my facts are arrow straight thank you.

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bk7g2e/the_actual_full_eula_and_terms_conditions/


If i refer to refund, i dont talk about the eula but about the LAW.


….um...you accepted the EULA which is considered legally binding document. Please see the definition below. My friend...seems lawful to me

 

An End User License Agreement (EULA) is a legal contract between a software application author or publisher and the user of that application.


I accept the law. If somebody write sown an eula, which is against the law, i can accept without being affected. Not sure if the companys are allowed to make their own law in your country, but in my one, the law is everything, the eula is just...useless paper.

 

And what i said is basically to change the refund rights for customers, which means, change the law. Than you can do with your eula whatever you want, its useless then.

Message 35 of 57 (198 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Alvanian wrote:
Just some good knowledge for you guys in the future.

While yes agreeing to a EULA does bind you to some things typically...

It DOES NOT provide immunity to the issuer.

EULAs can be unlawful, unclear, and misleading. This is why they are updated all the time.

Facebook is facing a 5 billion dollar lawsuit right now for such things.

Exactly.

Message 36 of 57 (197 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Alvanian wrote:
I dont need 24 hours to decide if i like something.

I need 24 seconds

Asking for a 30 day return policy on video games is outlandish

I need more, especially for games like that. And 14 days is not to much. Some of us need to go to work and have limiteds time for playing.

Message 37 of 57 (185 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

Champion

@Alvanian wrote:
Just some good knowledge for you guys in the future.

While yes agreeing to a EULA does bind you to some things typically...

It DOES NOT provide immunity to the issuer.

EULAs can be unlawful, unclear, and misleading. This is why they are updated all the time.

Facebook is facing a 5 billion dollar lawsuit right now for such things.

I understand and agree there are unlawful EULA's. My point was this doc was available to everyone and required to agree to before using the product and is considered a legal document. Not saying it provides immunity but until it's shown to be illegal/misleading or the like then it is binding most of the time.

_____________________________________________________________
"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 38 of 57 (181 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

★★★★★ Apprentice

@gortessoth wrote:

@Alvanian wrote:
Just some good knowledge for you guys in the future.

While yes agreeing to a EULA does bind you to some things typically...

It DOES NOT provide immunity to the issuer.

EULAs can be unlawful, unclear, and misleading. This is why they are updated all the time.

Facebook is facing a 5 billion dollar lawsuit right now for such things.

I understand and agree there are unlawful EULA's. My point was this doc was available to everyone and required to agree to before using the product and is considered a legal document. Not saying it provides immunity but until it's shown to be illegal/misleading or the like then it is binding most of the time.


But your point was invalid because i always refered to legal rights, and not to any eula. I clearly stated, that the refund regulations needs to be rethought and your argument was "you accepted the eula". What has that to do with anything?

Message 39 of 57 (169 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Refund

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

@Alvanian wrote:
Just some good knowledge for you guys in the future.

While yes agreeing to a EULA does bind you to some things typically...

It DOES NOT provide immunity to the issuer.

EULAs can be unlawful, unclear, and misleading. This is why they are updated all the time.

Facebook is facing a 5 billion dollar lawsuit right now for such things.

I understand and agree there are unlawful EULA's. My point was this doc was available to everyone and required to agree to before using the product and is considered a legal document. Not saying it provides immunity but until it's shown to be illegal/misleading or the like then it is binding most of the time.


But your point was invalid because i always refered to legal rights, and not to any eula. I clearly stated, that the refund regulations needs to be rethought and your argument was "you accepted the eula". What has that to do with anything?


Go tell that to a judge. If the EULA is shown to be lawful then it is a legal contract. If it is illegal then that's a different story. Not sure where you got your law degree from...

_____________________________________________________________
"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 40 of 57 (164 Views)
Twitter Stream