Refund policy for DLC

by Telee529

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refund policy for DLC

★★★ Newbie

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure where to ask this. 

I've been thinking about playing this game again after a long hiatus and might try one of the DLC packs, however I am on PC and I am aware that the player population is a bit lacking at this point. Because of this I want to know if I can buy the DLC and test the matchmaking in my region and return it if it turns out I can't find games. I know with Origin games normally I can return within 24 hours but I don't know if that applies to DLC. I definitely have a good amount of playtime into the base game right now. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5 (8,553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Refund policy for DLC

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Telee529

I'm sorry but you can't make refund for DLC's.  You can learn more about this on Origin Store in "Great Game Guarantee Policy" section https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

Return and Refund Policy for Third-party Games, Packaged Goods and Game Expansions/DLC/Add-Ons

Purchases from the Origin Store for participating third party titles with an express Great Game Guarantee designation are eligible for a return/refund subject to the requirements set forth above.

Purchases from the Origin Store for all other third-party content, as well as packaged goods, game expansions, downloadable content, time cards, virtual currency and add-ons are not subject to the Great Game Guarantee. Please see the Terms of Sale and the Returns and Cancellations FAQ for further information regarding any potential returns and/or refunds for these items.

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (8,479 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Telee529

I'm sorry but you can't make refund for DLC's.  You can learn more about this on Origin Store in "Great Game Guarantee Policy" section https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

Return and Refund Policy for Third-party Games, Packaged Goods and Game Expansions/DLC/Add-Ons

Purchases from the Origin Store for participating third party titles with an express Great Game Guarantee designation are eligible for a return/refund subject to the requirements set forth above.

Purchases from the Origin Store for all other third-party content, as well as packaged goods, game expansions, downloadable content, time cards, virtual currency and add-ons are not subject to the Great Game Guarantee. Please see the Terms of Sale and the Returns and Cancellations FAQ for further information regarding any potential returns and/or refunds for these items.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 5 (8,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I am extremely upset. I wanted to purchase the get together pack, the page froze and I was charged for two packs. I did not want the outdoor retreat pack. I asked for a refund, because it was not my fault. and I was told that I had been denied the 19.99 that I was charged. I feel like the company has stolen my money. I have been playing sims for a very long time, I rarely purchase packs, and the fact that I was charged for one I did not want and denied the refund because of your refund policy is screwed up. I am a manager and have been working retail since I was 16, customer service is the 1 thing. the customer is always right. making your customers angry, is not good business. its how you lose customers. the lag and page freezing is how I lost my money. I do not appreciate being treated like this. its not fair. 

Message 3 of 5 (6,632 Views)

★★ Novice

I am in this same position, I was looking at DLC this morning and wanted to see the total with taxes of some dlc. 

Somehow instead of taking me to a page to review my order and confirm, the purchase was completed. Now I've paid $60~ for something I didn't want and have no way to get my money back without the potential of EA banning me altogether for requesting a charge back from my credit card company. 

You'd think with such a bad reputation they would be trying to redeem themselves at least in little ways. They have lost yet another customer. 

Message 4 of 5 (6,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me except I was charge 40 extra dollars. I am pissed. 

Message 5 of 5 (5,645 Views)