Refund or transfer of FIFA points please

by annoying_lime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refund or transfer of FIFA points please

★★ Novice

Hi EA,

My son spend all his birthday money $80 to buy FIFA points. Unfortunately he bought FIFA 21 points instead of FIFA 22 points - I assume it must have been the default option? Can you please transfer these 12000 points which are now just sitting idle in his FIFA 21 to his FIFA 22 account or provide a refund.

Cheers

Message 1 of 12 (4,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Refund or transfer of FIFA points please

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @annoying_lime,

sorry to hear that you accidentally bought some FIFA Points for the wrong version. Unfortunately, our support won't be able to assist you with a refund or transfer, as we do not offer this service any more. 

Usually we only transfer points until the 31st December of the release year.

You can find that info in our dedicated Help article: (https://help.ea.com/en/help/fifa/fifa-points-transfer/)

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

-rephii

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (4,122 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @annoying_lime I've moved your topic from the Battlefield 2042 forum to the Fifa 22 one.

I'd assume that the coins are not able to be transferred or refunded, since that's usually how it works with purchases like this, but I'm not too sure. Someone here might be able to give you more info, and you could try contacting EA Help also.

EA Help Contact: 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/

http://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 12 (4,208 Views)

★★ Novice
@ElliotLH Thanks - already ntried EA help - they asked me to go here.
Message 3 of 12 (4,194 Views)

Hero
@annoying_lime Where did you or your son buy them from out of interest?

Message 4 of 12 (4,189 Views)

@annoying_lime Hey so unfortunately we cannot assist with FIFA point transfers over AHQ but I suggest reaching out to support again, try the Twitter team they are normally of better help. I've seen instances where some advisors go ahead and transfer the points so I say try again.

Black Champion chinsrus.png

Message 5 of 12 (4,168 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @annoying_lime,

sorry to hear that you accidentally bought some FIFA Points for the wrong version. Unfortunately, our support won't be able to assist you with a refund or transfer, as we do not offer this service any more. 

Usually we only transfer points until the 31st December of the release year.

You can find that info in our dedicated Help article: (https://help.ea.com/en/help/fifa/fifa-points-transfer/)

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

-rephii

Message 6 of 12 (4,123 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_rephii I find it very sad that EA clearly has the ability to fix the issue, but are choosing not too. Leaving a little kids with all his birthday money out of pocket:0( I doubt if it is even legal to refuse a refund, but I guess I will have to take it to the ombudsman to complain to make sure my son and hopefully other kids won't t insane dire situation in the future.
Message 7 of 12 (4,110 Views)

★★ Novice
@ElliotLH He bought the points using PlayStation gift cards he received from is friends for his birthday - be careful anyone buying or spending PlayStation gift cards, one small mistake and all money are lost apparently with no chance of refund:0(
Message 8 of 12 (4,082 Views)

Hero
@annoying_lime That is very unlucky as I think you guys will be stuck then unfortunately, as the others have mentioned. If Sony are anything like Microsoft then downloadable content is usually non-refundable. I assume you've contacted Sony customer services too?

Message 9 of 12 (4,062 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_rephii Sorry, but I don't see how this is resolved - FIFA coins are not downloadable content like a movie or a package. If U had indeed watched a movie or bought a package and opened, then I would if course not expect a refund. This is however not the case. Please explain how a FIFA coin is downloadable content?
Message 10 of 12 (4,034 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help