Refund nerfed guns / character skins ????

by skortchedblunt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refund nerfed guns / character skins ????

★★ Novice

I have spent over $150 on apex to support the game developers,  and my very first time crafting I thought about which gun skins i really wanted,  finally after 1-2 weeks of deciding I chose spitfire 1200 materials and epic wingman 400 materials    total spent 1600 crafting materials  a few days after I crafted these guns they get nerfed to the point that no one uses them .  for reference after spending $100 and opening 115 packs i only got 2600 crafting material , can there be  some kind of temporary refund for skins that get nerfed ?   alot of big games have this option , like fort night    , hearthstone    they give you option to get your material back if something gets nerfed. I would just like to be able to recraft the 2 gun skins that got nerfed , feels like I got cheated out of my crafting material .

Message 1 of 14 (1,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Refund nerfed guns / character skins ????

[ Edited ]

whether or not his/her weapon choice is still good or not, I think we should get an option to get a refund (maybe like 85% refund) when the balance is changed, especially for people who bought the skin a week before the nerf hit.

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (1,175 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Wingman is still a dirty gun and spitfire is still mid tier gun granted there are better guns than spitfire but if you could aim they were better than the spitfire before nerf

Message 2 of 14 (1,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Wingman and Spitfire are both still good guns. Wingman is especially still used a ton, and Spitfire, with the right attachments, is also good. Nerfs were to make them more balanced, they did not make them underpowered. You aren't going to get a refund if the only reason you want it is because they aren't as OP as they once were. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

your crazy if you think the spitfire is no good, That's my Fav weapon

Message 4 of 14 (1,229 Views)

★ Guide

No one uses the wingman?? What game are you playing? So they lowered the ammo count, big deal. Extended mags are so common and the damage output is high. 

Also, the spitfire is still a decent weapon with a lot of rounds per mag dealing a good amount of damage. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]

whether or not his/her weapon choice is still good or not, I think we should get an option to get a refund (maybe like 85% refund) when the balance is changed, especially for people who bought the skin a week before the nerf hit.

Message 6 of 14 (1,176 Views)

★★ Novice
point of the story is this , I go to car dealership I test drive bmw "spitfire" , i pay for it to be delivered , a week later i receive a nissan "nerfed spitfire", i didnt want the nissan , i want a bmw , they say sorry bmw is not available any more. ok fine then ill take the mercedes "R 301 " why am i forced to keep the nerfed spitfire? , yes they are both still decent guns , but im not that rich that i can spend $500 on a bunch of skins that i do not enjoy using. I did not have to spend $150. i enjoy the game so i figured ok fine i will spend money to support the developers of the game. in all honesty i dont need any skins , ye some are cool but i can live without them all . so seeing as how i can spend money on more skins that i like now and next week they will get nerfed and i wont like using them . to save me any disappointment in the future .my only option is not to spend any more money on apex . which is basically a lose/lose for me and ea . this is false advertising / poor design
Message 7 of 14 (1,140 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@skortchedblunt 

Moral of the story if you don’t have the money to waste you should have been more responsible with it 

Message 8 of 14 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Comparing in game weapon skins to cars doesn't really work. It isn't Respawn's responsibility to refund money for your skin choices. Can't have false advertising when there was none in the first place saying you'd get refunded. 

Message 9 of 14 (985 Views)

★ Guide

You paid for the skin. Not for weapon stats. Pixels. You paid for pixels. 

Message 10 of 14 (922 Views)