Re: Refund Issues

by swift07

Original Post

Refund Issues

★ Novice

As a long time player of Apex Legends, one who has spent a decent amount of money (dont want to disclose too much) I have saved quite a bundle of crafting materials in that time. Been sitting on 2400 since season 5 for that one skin and was glancing around the octane skins (favorite character) when I saw a new skin, clicked it and clicked craft to double check the cost and when I went to hit cancel my thumb slipped and hit A instead of B. 

Within a minute I was in a chat with a support person just asking for the skin to get removed and the in game currency to get refunded and they told me they couldnt. A player since season 1 who spent plenty of money was unable to get a single mistake refunded, before use of the skin had even been a thing.

I could understand "you played a game with it, its yours now." but I had not even closed out of the skin menu.

Then I see a skin I liked, one that I really liked, and asked them to swap the skins, still no can do.

How is it that the customer service people are unable to refund in game currency? Why do they still not have that power? And why is a player not able to undo a purchase within a time frame if the customer service members cannot? This seems a huge oversight, one that a multi-million player game should have resolved years ago and one I did not have happen until recent (due to lack of crafting materials)

I hope someone can resolve this issue for me because its just not right. I earned those materials, spent money, spent time and will have a simple "we are sorry" be the only help they can offer? Not good enough for a company as big as this one is. 

As for the customer service person I dealt with? Absolute dream, extremely helpful and kind. 

So hopefully someone on EA or respawn can see this, and fix this or at least help a member who deserves a simple fix for a silly mistake made. Thank You.

Message 1 of 6 (333 Views)

Sadly nobody here can assist you. 

The EA support folks just drive traffic here for those kinds of things but unless its an actual technical issue, you're humped. Sorry to say but you ain't getting it back. 

No doubt the chat team will have "noted your complaint" and "will pass it along as feedback to the relevant team" but they won't actual;y be able to assist as "it is in game currency. We do not have control over purchases in game."

Sadly its only Respawn who can make those changes, and if you can find a contact for them, please do send it along cause I know about 50k players who want a S4 battle pass refund. 

Message 2 of 6 (297 Views)

★ Novice
@DethMetalMilkMan See that would make sense if they were separate companies but EA have completed full acquisition of respawn entertainment, meaning EA is responsible for Respawn's problems. There is no excuse. I have worked enough IT jobs to know how these sorts of things are set up and this is EA actively choosing to create a problem so they do not have to deal with other problems.

Just means they lose a paying customer. They want money? Treat your players better... that easy.
Message 3 of 6 (256 Views)

★★ Expert

"Oversight" 😏

Message 4 of 6 (247 Views)

Don't you have to confirm the purchase? After first selecting whether you want to pay with crafting mats or Apex coins?

Message 5 of 6 (233 Views)

★ Pro
@GodammitNapa it sucks but most game developers don't refund shop purchases. I know fornite has 3 refunds, but after that, you can't get refunds even if you accidentally click something. Now you have to hold down a button for a few seconds to buy stuff in their store. Warzone doesn't do refunds either. I accidentally clicked the wrong button (instant purchase, no hold) and purchased something in their store. I asked if I could get a refund and they said they don't do refunds.

I get why these companies don't, because they would probably get a lot of people asking for refunds because people changed their minds later. I don't blame them.
Message 6 of 6 (185 Views)