Reflections on tyres look too glassy

by MagalhaVoa

Original Post

Reflections on tyres look too glassy

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Just saw the new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGP-3-KsQpg

Quick feedback: I understand the approach of increasing the reflections on the game and is fine, give it an artistic feel. However, one point is a bit odd: the tyres look way too glassy.

If we compare with real life,the flat part of the tyres (that gets in contact with the floor) have very diffused and subtle reflections, but on the game is like if they were make of reflective plastic and not actual rubber.

If the reflection of the tyres was changed a bit, I think could be a small nice improvement.

(please check the right tyre on the picture below for example)

real life jpg.jpg

game jpg.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (548 Views)

Re: Reflections on tyres look too glassy

★ Guide
@MagalhaVoa Totally agree. The center of the tires do not reflect back any details or shapes from the lights. They need to adjust that. I'm thinking it will look bad and maybe even distracting in cockpit view.
Message 2 of 11 (511 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MagalhaVoa Overreflecting issue.
Message 3 of 11 (469 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That’s it!!!! It’s broken!!!!! I’m not buying it!!!! 😂

Message 4 of 11 (451 Views)

★★ Apprentice

New picture of the red bull on F1 23!

hot_wheels.jpeg

Message 5 of 11 (392 Views)

★ Pro

@MagalhaVoa wrote:

Hi,

Just saw the new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGP-3-KsQpg

Quick feedback: I understand the approach of increasing the reflections on the game and is fine, give it an artistic feel. However, one point is a bit odd: the tyres look way too glassy.

If we compare with real life,the flat part of the tyres (that gets in contact with the floor) have very diffused and subtle reflections, but on the game is like if they were make of reflective plastic and not actual rubber.

If the reflection of the tyres was changed a bit, I think could be a small nice improvement.

(please check the right tyre on the picture below for example)

real life jpg.jpg

game jpg.jpg

100%

Message 6 of 11 (341 Views)

★ Apprentice

That was the first thing I noticed when the first gameplay came out.

I immediately went to check out a night race and noticed that the reflections on the wheels were quite different.

What I don't understand, when a modification is made, isn't it checked and reviewed by several people?

Message 7 of 11 (308 Views)

★ Guide
@ScarDuck14 😂😂
Message 8 of 11 (277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It happens sometimes.

I have questioned what kind of QA (quality assurance) new features and fixes have - for example, we have had issues with patch fixes where the fix worked but threw up another issue which should have been easily spotted and sorted before release (had it been QA’d properly).

Message 9 of 11 (237 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Monzstar83 Have discussed this with EA in great length for last few months. All Champions have given feedback on what’s wrong with how bugs are reported and fixed. And we’ve seen positive steps by EA to improve things
Message 10 of 11 (231 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help