Re: Reducing Cheaters Idea - "Watcher" type system - explained inside

by Subtle_Tactics

Original Post

Reducing Cheaters Idea - "Watcher" type system - explained inside

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

A very trusted group of  "Watchers" or spectators, if you prefer, observe high risk  games or suspected cheaters and compile data and make a final verdict if it's a hacker/cheater or not.
Beside the obvious, but lacking, anticheat system, more sophisticated and privacy intrusive measures should be used to reduce hackers similar to how microsoft and other various tech companies do like selling your data but instead, require users consent to be "monitored", in ways Respawn itself will determine necessary. 

IF you got nothing to hide, what's the problem?

Message 1 of 7 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

They should just make certain players in-game admins already and give them banning rights, if you banned a random player you'd probably be right anyway right now Large smile

Message 2 of 7 (287 Views)

★★ Pro

Let people run their own 3p servers and admin them how they want.  Give us a server browser

Message 3 of 7 (272 Views)

★★ Guide
@Anlbrd lmao no dude that would make the official stats and servers pointless. People love competition and bragging rights.
Message 4 of 7 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Bragging rights? 'checkout my 4k damage badge my bot got me.'

Message 5 of 7 (251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@TheImmortalEntThe servers and stats are already pointless if cheaters are running rampant on PC :/

Having your 'local' server that you know is well-admin'd usually means that you get to know who is who, who is good, who isn't.  You get regulars who battle it out consistently.  You can't have better bragging rights than competing for top spot with the same people and getting champ squad more than the others.

The thing that having 3p servers gives the community as well is a way of actually policing trolls and undesirable players.  A well admin'd server can't be beaten and the move away from having a server browser with people running their own servers has done damage to the gaming community.  People can't create their own neighbourhood where they can boot out people there intent on ruining the experience for others.

Message 6 of 7 (246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@7cyanideWhat is to stop people who have bias over losing a match to a really good player and then banning them for it..., this wont work I'd rather have an unbiased system where respawn/EA/Xbox/Sony does the banning for their systems and games.

Message 7 of 7 (193 Views)