Reduced Safety Car vs. Standard vs. Increased?

by realMisterJes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reduced Safety Car vs. Standard vs. Increased?

★★ Apprentice

What in the world is the difference. I haven’t been able to find any information on the Internet about the difference between safety car reduced, safety car standard, safety car increased. Does anybody know what it does to the game? Does it change the frequency or threshold for a virtual safety car versus a regular safety car? Like would it be that instead of getting a regular safety car when you said it to reduced it will only give you a virtual safety car? I have no clue, and I really really want to know. Are there like quantitative values also that we can see? I’d really like to know.

Message 1 of 11 (2,764 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reduced Safety Car vs. Standard vs. Increased?

EA Codemasters Team

To confirm here, it changes the threshold of active track compromises needed to trigger a VSC/SC in-game, not the amount of times it can happen.

EA, Codemasters & F1 Game

Due to excessive amounts of traffic, DM's are disabled and posts to personal profile will be screened for this user.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (2,472 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@realMisterJesI played with increased and the safety car basically deploys everytime theres a bit of debris on the track

Message 2 of 11 (2,714 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah though instead I’m thinking how it affects thresholds for vsc vs safety car. Does anyone know?

Message 3 of 11 (2,621 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@realMisterJes I believe that it increases or decreases the number that can happen. On 50% races I’ve seen max 1 on reduced, 2/3 on standard (mostly 2) and 3/4 on increased which is for full safety cars. As for VSC I’ve rarely seen one so can’t confidently comment
Message 4 of 11 (2,581 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

To confirm here, it changes the threshold of active track compromises needed to trigger a VSC/SC in-game, not the amount of times it can happen.

EA, Codemasters & F1 Game

Due to excessive amounts of traffic, DM's are disabled and posts to personal profile will be screened for this user.

Message 5 of 11 (2,473 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@BarryBL Thanks for confirming this.
Message 6 of 11 (2,457 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks Barry, are there like a numeric thresholds that community can refer to? Or is it all developer gibberish that we wouldn’t be able to understand?

Message 7 of 11 (2,395 Views)

★ Guide

I played 5 GP with 50% distance in driver's career, SC/VSC deployed never occurred in Increased option.

Thresholds or incidents should be increased a bit more.

Message 8 of 11 (2,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So reduced and 50% races I have had it deployed twice in maybe 30 races. First when a car in Monaco was blocking the road and the second when 2 cars went out on the same lap. Otherwise it has not deployed for me.

Message 9 of 11 (2,104 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@BarryBL Give me the meta!!!!!!😂
Message 10 of 11 (2,087 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help