Reduce number of required players

by DarthFDG

Original Post

Reduce number of required players

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EA_Atic - Given that we're likely going to see number of concurrent players declining, can you get the support team to reduce the number of required players to start different modes. For example, the number of players required to start a GA match is just too high at this point in the product's life cycle. I haven't been able to play GA our SA for weeks.

Thanks

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 1 of 10 (826 Views)

Re: Reduce number of required players

EA DICE Team
@DarthFDG Sending it on. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 10 (732 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthFDG
Correct me if I am wrong, but are 10 players per side required for GA? If so, I think a reduction to 8 players per side would be okay, but, I wouldn’t go below that.
I don’t know SA’s numbers, but I think 8 players per side would also work there.
Message 3 of 10 (716 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic wrote:
@DarthFDGSending it on. Standard smile

/Atic

Thanks, @EA_Atic 

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 10 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If End of Round Matchmaking hasn't been disabled yet it should be. That would go a long way in keeping games filled. People have been complaining about that since 2018.

Message 5 of 10 (592 Views)

★★ Pro
@AuntySocialQueen I can see why the large-scale game modes need EOR matchmaking (GA, Supremacy, SA) and even HvV because of its steamrolly nature. However, I think EOR matchmaking is pointless in CO-OP (everyone is on one team), Ewok Hunt (low player count), Hero Showdown (its only 2v2), etc.
Message 6 of 10 (564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

/BUMP

Message 7 of 10 (433 Views)

★★★ Pro

The end of game of supremacy matchmaking has ruined it

90%  of the time at the end of a game

Everyone gets thrown into a lobby with 5 or so people 

So then the lobby's hardly fill up

Shuffle the teams playing if need  be 

But don't send them of to different games

Message 8 of 10 (427 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agreed, then it take a lot of time to prepare the next game.

Message 9 of 10 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So there is hope of at least a server side update?

Impossible

Message 10 of 10 (361 Views)