Reduce Cost of Medulla Nebula

by puntwothree

Original Post

Re: Reduce Cost of Medulla Nebula

★★★★★ Guide

Even in a normal-case scenario, is like you start with +2 brains every turn you activate it.

It is like you start with 6 brains when your opponent has only 4 suns. 

Message 31 of 36 (751 Views)

★ Pro

@puntwothree wrote:
OK. We’ve talked best case scenario. Now you want to talk absolutely best case scenario. I’ve seen coffee grounds win games by turn four (Captain C. You can probably imagine.). Does that mean it’s broken? Nope.

You said: Now it’s not worth playing. I'm just showing you that it's not like that, is still worth card. 

I want to remind you one thing: the designers work with data, informations about cards, as well as when you play a game and the quest noticed how many garguantuars you used, and you complete the quests, in the same way, all information is sent.

during the two previous versions, this was one of the most used environments, even after its first modification, so the developers keep an eye on that and check for unbalanced combos, which is what makes a card readjusted. This is what happened with this card, and even if you do not like it, still played very often and has great combos. 

I understand that Nebula has lost ground in other decks, for this change, but it was necessary. 

I'll set the example with AstroShroom, If you analyze this card, it's a bit silly and uncomfortable, since he has no team-up, and you really need to accompany with small cards (low cost) to use it, so many will say that 1/1 is something extremely low. but you will realize that the card is even '' Super rare '' , but really, there is a very powerful deck (I published it in this forum recently) who uses this card, so if you slightly increase the efficiency of AstroShroom, with more health or strength, to simply favor AstroShroom in other scenarios, you are automatically making the deck that I mentioned to you become a huge problem. and that is why, although this card seems very weak with that 1/1, it will continue that way.

the same happens with Nebula, it's true, now it's not that interesting in a normal situation, before it was more useful in decks that did not have much to do with brains or transformations in it. but the problem is that there are many deadly combos that can be done with this card, and that has made it have changed so much, you like it, or you do not like it. It's like that.

and as you have been mentioned, you will always get profit from Nebula, since it is played in the tricks phase, and then when the other turn starts, the zombies begin, to place a zombie on it. 

this is not the case with Coffee Grounds or Captain Cucumber, because you play Coffee Grounds, and then begins tricks phase, so you always risk your suns when you are a plant player. Likewise Captain Cucumber can be destroyed in many ways, before he can attack, unless you spend a bonus attack, which is not always the most favorable.

Message 32 of 36 (746 Views)

★ Pro

@puntwothree wrote:

Your opponent, after building a deck around Nebula, May have drawn the dinosaur off of buried treasure, fueling a win where (s)he had nothing (on dumb luck).

Super Brainz dominates the brain class, so, he can have 4 Mechasaur... in fact, in that game, he played 2 (but his change one with that evolutionary leap). Its not dumb luck....

@puntwothree wrote:

Point #2: your opponent would still need to wait until turn 4 to pull off the dinosaur if it was in his/her deck to begin with if Nebula was costed at 2. So an on-curve Nebula wouldn’t have wrecked you any worse than this overcosted Nebula did.

that's the strategy, what can you do to avoid it? Take into account that once you place Nebula you can not replace it! 

Point #3: all your opponent did to you turn 4 was drop a dinosaur. There are lots of conceivable responses. You could have killed it or bounced it, for instance, before zombie tricks. Just like zombies have a lot of conceivable responses when a plant drops doubled mint. (Sometimes we can’t respond, and Mint takes the day). Had you had this option available, you could now have safely ignored the Brain Vender and the Nebula would go back to being useless.

of course, that's why I said that placing a Doom Shroom would be good, I just show you that Nebula is useful! all the cards have weaknesses, or do you want a card that doesnt? Is it what you are asking for?

'' Brain Vender and the Nebula would go back to being useless.''

Yeah is the same if you put a Pecanolith in a deck with mushroom... In any case, Vendor is not the only card synergized with Nebula. So you want a card with a lot of profit it's many decks, a super rare o legendary card, something like that. Medula is uncommon...

@puntwothree wrote:

If the EFFECT of Nebula were not worthwhile, I wouldn’t be fighting this fight. I would be fighting a different fight or not fighting at all.

So if I say something crazy and everyone says no and discusses me, I'm right? 

in fact, we answer and debate with you, I don't understand why it always has to be a suffering, I'm not fighting with you, I just wanted to show you an example of that card, but this is a forum man... , for kindness we even respond, it would be sad if you did not have a single answer on your topic.

Message 33 of 36 (744 Views)

★★★ Guide
The difference between a discussion and a debate is that a debate has a winner. I agree that even an overcosted card can have utility. What I’d like from you, if you think Nebula is properly costed, is a reason why a 2-cost, 2-brain generating Nebula would break the format.

I don’t mind the “discussions”... in fact I sort of enjoy a spirited one, now and again. I do get a little terse when I feel like I’m repeating myself and I feel like other people are going off on tangents.

So once again, the reason why this is an important fight for me is not because I want a broken Nebula deck, it’s because brainy class only has two environments to choose from and the other one is super rare. It would be nice if casual players had a decent, cheap, uncommon option available.

(If I understand correctly, Nebula started as a 2 for 3? I believe EA got the nerf right but did the nerf wrong, the first time. Instead of making it a 3 for 3 they should have brought it down to 2 for 2.)
Message 34 of 36 (733 Views)

★★★ Guide
Bump
Message 35 of 36 (657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have a pvz heroes buried treasure-medulla nebulla-brian vendor deck and i mean i can get a plank walker at turn four (meaning it cost 7 cuz of  buried treasure) and right before it i do nothing and take at least 15 or more which is really bad if he can do five damage to me so please do it

Message 36 of 36 (489 Views)