Red flag improvements

by Meza994

Original Post

Red flag improvements

★★★★★ Pro

I know we havent even seen the red flags ingame but going by what was announced so far this is a list of things that would improve it IMO:

• Let players drive their cars back to the pits on immersive mode (and out of them if that is also not an option yet)

• Give more reasons for red flags, not only debris and too much rain like:
    • Poweroutage like in Monaco 2022 (at least that was what i heard was the reason and makes sense when no electronic from race control work) but only with something like a 0.1% chance to happen
    • Animals on track - we see this happen most often in Canada and this one should be restricted to certain tracks (not Miami or Vegas for example) but stubborn animals on track might actually lead to red flags, although i cant remember a recent example, id go with a 0.25% chance to happen on the specific tracks
    • Fog - also on specific tracks, but Nürburgring is always happy to deliver that, some others might aswell, low chance to happen though, also like 0.25% maybe
    • Dont know if track repairs were named in the trailers but its an obvious reason
  • All the causes should be announced to the player by the race engineer in immersive mode and by a little video intermission with commentary from Crofty in broadcast mode, like showing the damage to the walls and such

If others have more ideas for this please add them Standard smile

Message 1 of 20 (996 Views)

Re: Red flag improvements

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Interesting but risky, given how many times I got DRS failures (in F1 22), at least 5-6 times in 22 races Disappointed BTW I strongly hope it will be reduced to 0,xx too

Message 2 of 20 (987 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Nuvolarix Yup codies can never find a happy medium.

Also in the deep dive trailer they did say and more after detailing a few ways red flags could happen
Message 3 of 20 (979 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@NuvolarixYeah DRS failures happen to often indeed, should just be halfed and all good.. Codies really dont like finding sweet spots haha

Thinking about it though might need half of the chances i was suggesting, counting all non race sessions too..

@ScarDuck14Good to know, didnt remember that one but lets wait what it entails, im sure there are more reasons, people on track for example haha but maybe it will have many reasons to begin with Standard smile

Message 4 of 20 (910 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Meza994 Cool suggestions but first we need to see if they work properly in single and multiplayer.
Message 5 of 20 (877 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In single player. They will most probably be scripted or cause by player interference😔

Message 6 of 20 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 Well to be fair, if we want them not to be scripted they need to throw a dice every minute of the session making the chances for things quite a bit more complicated as not all races are the same length so the chances increase for the longer races to have a red flag..

Also i dont like the option that if you dont want a red flag you just flash back to reroll the dice so you dont get the red flag
Message 7 of 20 (817 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Meza994 Sorry, but those were terrible ideas.
Message 8 of 20 (795 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Meza994 these are not good ideas, they offer you their hand and you want the whole arm...
wait and see how the red flag will work, then you can still think further
Message 9 of 20 (775 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Meza994 I fully understand why they will be scripted. Just a shame that’s all
Message 10 of 20 (762 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help