Recover the Arks Quest - Locked out? (Spoilers)

by b4rn5ey6490

Original Post

Recover the Arks Quest - Locked out? (Spoilers)

★★★ Apprentice

WARNING: Contains Spoilers!!

Hey everyone, 

so I'm on my second play through, and was hoping to rescue all 3 arks this time aorund, to ensure Dunn survives..

Anyway, does it get to a point in the story line where these quests get locked out and you cant progress until you finish the game? I have the Turian and Salarian arks, however can't progress any further in terms of the Asari ark, i'm thinking this must be because I have gone too far in the story (Visited Meridian) , and therefore cant complete it now until after I have defeated the Archon? Frustrating if so. 

Message 1 of 15 (930 Views)

Re: Recover the Arks Quest - Locked out? (Spoilers)

★★★ Pro

i wouldn't think so... however i usually do the arks about when i found out about them, as my character knowing where they are or how to ascertain their whereabouts, and not doing anything about it, well... it just hurts my rp experience. so i have no idea what's the deal with that. 

Message 2 of 15 (925 Views)

★★ Pro

@b4rn5ey6490 wrote:

WARNING: Contains Spoilers!!

Hey everyone, 

so I'm on my second play through, and was hoping to rescue all 3 arks this time aorund, to ensure Dunn survives..

Anyway, does it get to a point in the story line where these quests get locked out and you cant progress until you finish the game? I have the Turian and Salarian arks, however can't progress any further in terms of the Asari ark, i'm thinking this must be because I have gone too far in the story (Visited Meridian) , and therefore cant complete it now until after I have defeated the Archon? Frustrating if so. 

Asari ark is connected to Cora so you may have quests for her you didn't advance yet.
Message 3 of 15 (923 Views)

★★★ Pro

The asari ark is linked to cora's personal quest, is the quest still in your journal?  If it's listed as failed then think that answers your question...  If it's still in your journal just follow up on what needs to be done...  Typically you will need to go to EOS to speak with the asari refugee there, then to voeld to search for a downed vessel then retrieve a flight recorded and cora will then need to fix it and to retrieve information on the asari ark

Message 4 of 15 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm well aware of this, Cora's quest is on hold , has been for since I visited Meridian, doesn't matter how many side quests I do, planets i visit etc, still on hold. So my thinking, because I have been to meridian, is it locked out and on hold until the Archon is killed now? (This is after the cut scene where the Pathfinders you have found back you up on the Nexus, and you defy the initiatives orders to pursue finding Meridian)

I should add, It's on hold waiting for her to fix the transponder. All Outposts have been established etc, next Priority Op is to visit Meridian (the planet) and take on Archon (where The Pathfinders save Dunn). 

Message 5 of 15 (918 Views)

★★ Pro

It does sound like you may have gone a step too far in the main story to save the Captain.

Message 6 of 15 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Typical..Third play through anyone? Tongue out

I suspected as much, as it's only her Loyalty quest on hold, everyone elses I can continue. 

Message 7 of 15 (906 Views)

★★★ Pro

I assumed you spoke to cora and asked her about the device?  Am on my 4th playthrough now Large smile

Message 8 of 15 (900 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yup, conversations just keep going round in circles, yapping on about her bloody plants and her "acceptance" of me being pathfinder lol

Message 9 of 15 (898 Views)

★★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

I assumed you spoke to cora and asked her about the device?  Am on my 4th playthrough now Large smile

I just finished #2 about five mins ago - about to make Sara Ryder #3 Standard smile

Message 10 of 15 (895 Views)