Re: Reconnect is not planned... reasons to add it anyway!

by OveIion

Original Post

Reconnect is not planned... reasons to add it anyway!

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I just read that there is no plan to add a reconnect feature in Apex Legends.

According to Respawn, they said: “It opens a lot of risk for players to abuse it. We believe the resources needed to build, test, and release it are better spent focused on fixing stability issues so that the feature isn’t necessary.”

here: https://appuals.com/apex-legends-wont-add-reconnect-feature-report-button-coming-soon/

I understand that if you solve the crashing issues, there is "no need" of a reconnect button. They seem to forget one thing: Not all disconnects are crashes. Even if you guys manage to fix all possible stability issues, for ALL systems and all components of all versions, you can't control what happens outside of crashes. 

Other reasons the Reconnect button is needed: Got an interruption with Internet. Something happened to cables that f*cked up with the local connection. System decided to shut down by itself or close the app (not game's fault). Someone decided to click Alt + F4 for a prank? Now you will want to reconnect ASAP.

Don't pretend this game doesn't need a reconnect button just because you guys will make the best stable game ever... there are other reasons we need it!!

You said people can abuse it... how? By doing some sorts of DDoS? Looping reconnects? Well... make a system in place to counter it?

THIS RECONNECT BUTTON IS A MUST! C'mon!

Message 1 of 5 (258 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think a invulnerable "DCed" player can be abused so what do you do? 

Maybe make their banner drop and unable to be respawned until reconnected.

Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

★★ Guide

How often does your internet just stop working? I literally only really have issues when we have crazy storms or weather...It's 2019 internet is pretty stable everywhere without issue. If your wires are getting moved around that's just a positioning problem and still something that can be worked on from your end. We don't need a reconnect if it's completely stable. I've never had a DC issue that wasn't directly related to the game randomly crashing. Unless like I said the weather was * at the time. Plus there is no ranking system and the matches are 15 minutes - 20 tops so it's not like you lost a bunch of time or lost anything really except some XP. 

Now if they did make one I would agree with the dropping a banner and needing to be respawned after they reconnect, however how many squads have you guys been in that actually respawn or bother to get your banner? Not many on my end unless I have a pre-made squad with me. I rather just move on to the next match if I disconnected because my loot would be horrid and I'd probably just get downed quickly anyway unless there are death boxes close by. All in all probably still a bigger waste of time to reconnect than just move to the next match.

Message 3 of 5 (242 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah but they should just add Spectator mode for PC? and it will all be ok

Message 4 of 5 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

They should have said "sorry for not adding at start, we're working really hard to bring it as fast as possible". It's extremely embarassing to not have a reconnect in MP game in 2019. Especially when the game is crashing almost as much as COD.

Message 5 of 5 (216 Views)