Re: Recommendations for first update

by GuardianD671

Original Post

Recommendations for first update

★★★ Newbie

Would love to start a recommendations for future updates thread if there isn't one already.

I haven't played enough of the game yet to get past my initial 2, give me a button option to manually control my s-foils and let me select how my lasers are linked, single offside or all 4.

Message 1 of 6 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

And also fix controls with mouse. Get rid of the free range movement. There’s too much play. When I want to pitch and yaw it takes to long to do so and I end up oversteering. Can’t believe no one is talking about that yet. It’s unplayable for me and I was comfortable with SWG space and Battlefront 2 space battles but this is unbearable. In those games, when you moved the mouse to pitch and yaw, the dang ship moved as it should. Thanks

Message 2 of 6 (596 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cannot express how absolutely terrible the mouse controls are for this game. Your sensitivity cannot ever be correct because your sensitivity is changed with your ship speed. The dead zone movement trying to emulate an analog joystick is ridiculous. Just have proper raw mouse input and don't mess with it.

Message 3 of 6 (557 Views)

★ Guide

i would like an ace combat 7 style controller setup for xbox one controller. or at least a controller scheme where throttle is split between two buttons rather than on left stick, and where left stick is purely like a joystick and does pitch and roll.

i would like the ability to press a button that actually targets the nearest enemy, especially if they have locked on. right now i can only lock with one button on whats in my sight or press A and pray im close enough it locks on some random enemy. most of the time im shot down by an enemy i cant evade because i cant lock onto them and dont know where they are.

make Fleet v AI have a story mode difficulty. i found the tutorial was fun to play, but i have no fun on easy difficulty in that game mode, losing over and over because the enemy (so far i been rebels and enemy empire) seems to spawn raiders twice as often, respawn fighters twice as fast and the empire AI seems on a higher setting than friendly AI pilots. plus they can shoot me down in about 3 seconds (it feels like all enemy pilots aim only for me, the only human) and it takes me longer to shoot down one tie even if it isnt shielded.

reduce the respawn delay on fleet v AI games. there are no other real players, i see no reason for a 15 second EXTRA death penalty. the penalty from dying is you have to respawn and then fly to the area under combat unless they are making their final attack on your capital ship. the delay therefore serves only to further bias the game towards the AI and infuriate the player so they dont enjoy the mode. (note i dont play the online version against players because its locked for me, and i havent tried dogfight. so im not asking for a global change on respawn delay just on this mode).

Message 4 of 6 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Touch support for Oculus Rift... I dont care if it just acts as a gamepad without 6DOF, just let me use the controllers to fly the ship

Message 5 of 6 (510 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I would like a decent lobby function where pilots can meet and take on games.

Like some older player maybe know from freespace 2 back in the days Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (479 Views)