Recent league is the league of legendary

by Ouitragoon

Original Post

Recent league is the league of legendary

★★ Apprentice

New league just started a couple of days ago and I noticed this sort of things. Although EA tried to increase numbers of legendary cards to limit their presenting in matches, I feel it was too late. Especially diamond rank or above, you will see obviously that the winner is the player who have or play more legendary cards. I used to think strategies are important, so I added only legendary cards which are useful for my tactics. Yet, which strategies could work if the opponent has played a legendary card every turn since turn 2? Maybe the best strategy recently is adding as many legendary cards as possible in my decks if I want to reach level 50?

Message 1 of 10 (651 Views)

Re: Recent league is the league of legendary

★★★★★ Guide

moar legendaries /= win

Message 2 of 10 (639 Views)

★ Guide

Don't think this is necessarily the case. Every kabloom deck will be running berry blast for example, which is a basic card. Hearty? Going viral. Brainy? Leprechaun Imp. My point is a deck consisting of too many legendary cards. Legendaries are not usually the staple of the deck, they just act as the big finisher/can turn the tide of the battle, but mostly it's gonna be basic-superrare/event cards that do most of the stuff in your deck

Message 3 of 10 (636 Views)

★★★★ Guide

LOL, you think 40-legendary card deck can win easily??

Message 4 of 10 (595 Views)

★★ Pro
Not much for synergy there.....
Message 5 of 10 (576 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well. I do not talk about 100% win but the truth is if anyone has more legendary cards in his/her deck, he/she must have higher chance to win. Of course there are other factors to win such as whether they have those cards in hands or whether they can survive until have enough suns/brains to play the cards. But if you have a few legendary cards and your opponent still plays legendary cards, for example Double Mint in turn 2, Captain Cucumber in turn 3, Onion Ring in turn 5, etc, do you really think that you can win?

You can be optimistic to say that winning depends on bla bla bla, but the truth is everyone who has legendary cards tries to add as many as possible in their decks. Next time when you win or lose, try to count how many legendary you opponent plays versus you play.

Message 6 of 10 (545 Views)

★★ Pro
Well no one can deny that they aren't good cards. Obviously if you have them, you play them, but just having them or having more doesn't mean you will win. You may have better opportunities to win, and for certain that legendary cards give tou a better opportunity, but I have to say that superrare cards are pretty powerful on the whole...
Message 7 of 10 (525 Views)

★ Guide

Most of my decks have a grand total of 0 legendaries in them and my winrate is above 50%, I would say even close to 70%. And, pretty much by definition, a deck with a win rate of above 50% is "good", for that would mean it wins most of the time.

Sure, maybe legendaries might help, but they certainly aren't  at all necessary to have success.

Message 8 of 10 (519 Views)

Champion (Retired)

i don't think so...  there are some great decks that are still very winning without putting any legendaries in the deck.  the example you used is great and all, but you're completely overlooking a few things; synergy being the most important.  i'm not going to lie and say i don't use legendaries.  that said, i use them sparingly depending on the synergy.  lets say i have a captain cucumber in lane 1, bananasaurus in lane two, and two party thymes on the board.  i play plant food on captain cucumber, that draws a legendary for me, buffs banana...  then each party thyme also draws a card and buffs banana. thats a good use of the legendaries in that deck, but it also doesn't mean that party thyme and plant food weren't equally powerful  in that situation.  it also would have been zero help to have a doubled mint on the board.  

you pick out one or two legendaries that work well together, then you build your deck around that.  you don't just throw a bunch of legendary cards into the deck and hope that they can work together.  also, look at the cost of that combo, and what's involved in making it work.  the earliest you'll get a decent return from that combo is on turn 5.  during that time, they could play a weed spray and destroy your well designed combo...  they could play smelly zombie in front of banana...  they could play bonus buckethead...  playing those legendaries certainly isn't a gimme, and certainly isn't overpowered considering how easily it can be shut down by playing cheap cards. 

yes, legendaries are often gamechanging cards.  they should be.  they're hard to get; and while they may have powerful effects, they often require patience and skill to play correctly to get them to the overpowering point.  they can't just be thrown out there and expected to win the game.  it's how you build the rest of your deck that makes the legendaries strong, and filling your deck with all legendaries isn't that build.

Message 9 of 10 (462 Views)

★★ Pro
Well said. And I actually think I use superrare more than legendary
Message 10 of 10 (447 Views)