Really hoping i wasn't screwed out of heirloom shards

by DK9027

Original Post

Really hoping i wasn't screwed out of heirloom shards

★★★ Pro

So yesterday I got a loot pack but the second I click to open it my game started to lag and the pack wasn't rendered in. All that was visible was that initial aura you see before the lights burst out. This aura was fully red before the pack decided to finally appear with the lights changing to blue, white, and gold.

Message 1 of 12 (281 Views)

Re: Really hoping i wasn't screwed out of heirloom shards

★★ Pro
@DK9027 That initial aura doesn't guarantee heirloom shards, I have got blue and whites even with no lag.
Message 2 of 12 (278 Views)

★★ Pro
@ILostT0Loba i like to open packs
Message 3 of 12 (272 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ILostT0Loba Well darn I've seen it go blue, gold, etc. But never red, got a bit excited.
Message 4 of 12 (252 Views)

Hero
@DK9027 If you had won heirloom shard's you would have them. The rewards are instantly added to the account even before the animation shows you what it is you have opened.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 12 (238 Views)

★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC You beat me to it Standard smile
@DK9027 I can confirm what he said. Actually, the animation needs to know about the result, in order to display the correct colors and items. Therefore, it can't actually play before the outcome is known.
Message 6 of 12 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe
idk about that. i have tested and when i click the open button then move my cursor above the treasure pack then put it back on the button depending on how i do it i get gold or good loot.

idk how this would be if when i don't do it the loot from the pack is ugly.

maybe this is a bug, or magic. idk but i know i do it to get gold or legendary loot and its good. or maybe im imagining things.

hope i dont get into trouble by moving my cursor during opening packs and wishing for gud stuff.

Message 7 of 12 (217 Views)

★★★ Expert
@gg123xyz Well I do, I've been working in game development, in UI, for the past 10 years, so it's like firsthand experience for me.

What I can tell you is that some games do try to give you some feeling of control over the outcome by using various tricks. One of those is to give you room and / or some fake hints for you to create your own opening rituals.
Message 8 of 12 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe

heres today, and u c i moved my mouse cursor above the treasure packs a few times n got gold a few times. idk man...

Message 9 of 12 (181 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

What I can tell you is that some games do try to give you some feeling of control over the outcome by using various tricks. One of those is to give you room and / or some fake hints for you to create your own opening rituals.

Dang it I thought inspecting the heirloom I want before opening the pack would increase my chances. I really think I’m close to that 500 mark. LOL! 

Message 10 of 12 (172 Views)