Really BAD re-spawn points...

by JaegerBomb777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Really BAD re-spawn points...

★★★★★ Guide

There's some really bad re-spawn points where the enemy team can either one-shot snipe you or just surround you as you re-spawn and kill you before you know what's going on.

I've had it happen many times on Crait where you re-spawn far too close to the enemy, and at times, some of the enemy have passed you or are right beside you as you spawn so they can be shooting you from your flank or sides as soon as you spawn. It would be so much better on Crait if you re-spawned from much further back. There's been numerous times I've been killed 3 or 4 times in a row during re-spawns on Crait, and it's not just me, I can see my team mates being killed around me as I spawn...

Also, this can happen on Hoth quite often with snipers one-shot killing you as you re-spawn. The spawn points should be both; further back and shielded from the enemy so that they can't attack you right as you re-spawn.

This also sometimes happens as you re-spawn in aircraft, the enemy can be behind you or beside you as you spawn and kill you before you even have a chance to re-spawn.

Message 1 of 7 (1,014 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Really BAD re-spawn points...

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, that's an entirely different thread, spawning "out of bounds" is an other issue that needs fixing.

I was just in a game on Kashyyk where I was killed about 7 times in the space of 20 seconds by campers. Whenever I spawned as a trooper I was immediately killed by snipers, then whenever I spawned as an aircraft I was attacked by an aircraft behind me as well as an aircraft in front of me.

These problems could be easily fixed by; 1. Not allowing trooper spawn points to be visible or accessible by snipers/campers and other troopers, so that you start behind cover and can't be killed immediately after spawning. 2. Not allowing enemy aircraft to fly behind your aircraft spawn points so they can shoot you down before you even realize anyone is behind you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (984 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Seriously - whatever happened to getting a few seconds of amnesty time to at least duck your damn head behind cover... or at least run and offer a moving target.

Hoth was the only one I had a bad time of this one, real easy to get some elevation and take head shots.

I've had some bad spawns in Blast for sure.  You spawn, you take two steps, and someones behind you with a shot gun to the back of your head - Kamino seems to be the worse for that.

Message 2 of 7 (973 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, exactly, I'd rather start a bit further away in cover so that you at least have a chance of not getting killed immediately.

Message 3 of 7 (962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

LOL you think that's bad. I spawned on Jakku last night in an 'AT ST' and was IMMEDIATELY out of bounds..............result = I was destroyed for you guessed it ' OUT OF BOUNDS '  

Message 4 of 7 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, that's an entirely different thread, spawning "out of bounds" is an other issue that needs fixing.

I was just in a game on Kashyyk where I was killed about 7 times in the space of 20 seconds by campers. Whenever I spawned as a trooper I was immediately killed by snipers, then whenever I spawned as an aircraft I was attacked by an aircraft behind me as well as an aircraft in front of me.

These problems could be easily fixed by; 1. Not allowing trooper spawn points to be visible or accessible by snipers/campers and other troopers, so that you start behind cover and can't be killed immediately after spawning. 2. Not allowing enemy aircraft to fly behind your aircraft spawn points so they can shoot you down before you even realize anyone is behind you.

Message 5 of 7 (985 Views)

Champion

@EA_Ataashi  - hi once again

Was playing GA on Endor last night and was able to select AT-ST several times. The unfortunate thing was on 3 consecutive occasions when I spawned (in the same place) I was surrounded by troopers including Lea Organa and Ion cannons (Left, right,  front and back and even above) had no chance to take cover or defend myself with the result that within seconds I was destroyed. I also checked the player rosters in the lobby as during the whole match my team seemed to get overwhelmed and eliminated fairly quickly. Checking the lobby, I found that the opposition had 16 players and my side only had 6 totalling 22 players which enabled the match to go ahead (minimum of 20). The next round would not go ahead (Waiting for X players). My position on this is no GA match should not start even when the minimum player count is reached unless the teams have an even number. If the match continues and players then drop out ( they do sometimes because of the unevenness of the matchmaking) maybe the game should pause until the teams are even again. A situation in HvsV yesterday had me feeling sorry for my opposition. My team were winning so easily that I decide to check the lobby and found there was only one player in the opposition. The others had dropped out. Dropouts are regular in this mode.

I know it may be difficult, but maybe the developers could come up with a way to avoid these scenarios. The AT-ST spawning issue on Endor would be the easiest to fix I guess, the other not so.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★ Novice

The same was also experienced on my end as well. On the assault of Naboo, someone was camping in a AAT at the default spawn zone, as well as an additional group of snipers taking pod shots from the other side. The problem about the other spawn points by the other player on the team is that they are in battle, so I can't join in on that side. What would really help is a re spawn protection that lasts for a short period of time ONLY when you spawn at the default area. Otherwise, have it where if a person spawn kills, they lose points instead of getting them.

Message 7 of 7 (756 Views)