Realizing now that I've never gotten any of the promised game codes

by SAVID_dubs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Realizing now that I've never gotten any of the promised game codes

★★ Apprentice

I've participated in a few different surveys and playtests now and all of them have promised me 2 or 3 game codes, but I've never been contacted by anyone or followed up on about them. This is disappointing because I'm in a financial tight spot, and I really want to play BF2042 and check out the new update but I can't afford to buy that game. Please, EA forum browsers don't turn this into a thread asking why I would want to play 2042, that's not the point and I frankly don't want to hear your reason for not liking the game. I just want to play the game and was hoping I'd get the free copy I asked for when signing up for playtests. 

If the game codes are only given out in the event that I'm selected for an in-person game test, that's fine and I have not been selected for one but I was under the impression that the at-home playtests also gave out codes. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Realizing now that I've never gotten any of the promised game codes

Codes are usually sent out a few days after a test - keep in mind not all playtests offer games as rewards (they usually double confirm the list of games you chose).
If you didn't receive a code, try checking your junk/spam folders -- if you still don't see them after a week, you'll need to email the person who sent you the email stating you were accepted and/or the NDA files.

I've never participated in any in-house tests but I know the NHL tech tests don't reward you with any games.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (880 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I participated in the nhl's test and I haven't had a code yet, I don't know if it's normal
Message 2 of 7 (1,097 Views)

★ Guide

Same, I've posted this very question in a playtest I was just part of as well. I'm curious as to if this is something we can contact support about. I do like the idea of being selected out of a lot of entries hence the reward of being gifted a code for participation being extremely convincing to take part.

Message 3 of 7 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing. Waiting for the codes. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,014 Views)

★ Novice

Same here I did the playtest a few days ago and it was hours long and I haven't gotten my codes. Support gives you the run around and the contact person just stops responding to emails. I guess EA is scamming their loyal gamers.

Message 5 of 7 (975 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SAVID_dubs I've never seen or heard anyone getting codes (I've been in a fair amount of tests). This could be something related to being in-person where such codes could be given out.
Message 6 of 7 (951 Views)

Codes are usually sent out a few days after a test - keep in mind not all playtests offer games as rewards (they usually double confirm the list of games you chose).
If you didn't receive a code, try checking your junk/spam folders -- if you still don't see them after a week, you'll need to email the person who sent you the email stating you were accepted and/or the NDA files.

I've never participated in any in-house tests but I know the NHL tech tests don't reward you with any games.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 7 of 7 (881 Views)