Re: Real talk about Macros, Gaming peripherals, False ban, and cheats TO DEVELOP

by WienerBeard

Original Post

Real talk about Macros, Gaming peripherals, False ban, and cheats TO DEVELOPERS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello guys!

This post is mainly addressed to game developers!

To start of I am programmer/developer on my own. I am a little bit familiar with anti-cheats, coding games etc.

If you search on forums, there is plenty of topics about people getting banned, as they claim for "no reason". If you get into details you will find out that, they were using some sort of gaming software (for e.g for mouse or keyboard).

Most of respectful companies who create gaming peripherals have their own software. Some of them are: logitech, a4tech, roccat, razer, corsair and many many more.

On all this softwares there is plenty of possibilities. You can adjust DPI, change device colors, create gaming profiles, assign single keys to mouse and create macros.

Now let's get into details, how macros works.

There are two main types of macro:

no recoil - just pulls your mouse down

rapidfire - clicks mouse faster than a player normally would

HOW TO STOP MACROS FROM YOUR GAME? It's really simple:

It has nothing to do with anti-cheat. Game coders should fix this problem within a few hours Wink

1. To prevent no recoil macros, just add little bit randomized recoil. The amount should be adjusted, so it won't affect players much, but "macros" will become useless.

As macro is just a basic script pulling down, it won't be able to control random recoil. But player's hand will be.

2. To prevent rapidfire macros, just insert/increase the minimum time between shots. Script won't be able to shoot faster than player.

It's that simple. There is no need in trying to block other companies unharmful softwares as well as try to ban this kind of "cheaters". If you are trying to do so, there will be a lot of CLEAN people who will receive bans without even using macros. Most of players use one of the above mices, and the majority of them uses it just for DPI, colors and simple 1-key blinds.

To kids who will be screaming in a second: Just to make it clear, macro don't make you fully "no recoil/no spread", if someone is shooting full auto from 200m with 99% accuracy, he is using a cheat program which injects into a game, not simple macro (and this person should be ofc. banned). Simple no recoil macros don't give any adventage over clean players (they only pull down automatically, so worse than humans), if someone is playing this game for more then 10h, he will probably have batter accuracy without macro than unskilled player with macro.

In order to get rid of problem by trying to implement macro/software detection, which will ban many clean players, just implement the two above steps (1&2). Then focus on really harmful cheats like aimbots, esp, triggerbots, which can destroy your game.

Sincerely,

Mike

Message 1 of 15 (2,871 Views)

Re: Real talk about Macros, Gaming peripherals, False ban, and cheats TO DEVELOP

★★★★★ Guide

Randomized recoil he says. 

Message 2 of 15 (2,853 Views)

★ Apprentice
Recoil control is part of gun skill and therefore any Marco reducing is giving a player an unfair advantage as they dont have to multitask to compensate and track a target. Idk how anyone can objectively say it doesnt help... if it didn't help why would tournaments ban them and players take the time to set them up.
Message 3 of 15 (2,835 Views)

Using a macro or any program to give you an advantage over everyone else is cheating.

So boohoo to you.

Message 4 of 15 (2,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

according to #2 comment: in short, yes, but I wanted to put some basic details without going too much into coding site.

according to #3 comment: for sure it's somehow giving a small adventage. But you said that you don't have to "track a target". Whether you use macro or not, you still have to do so. Like I said, it's not automatic cheat, it's just basic pulling down. Randomizing recoil would give an adventage for clean players like us, over macro players. This is fact.

I also mentioned other important factors. For e.g that there will be many clean players banned because detecting system is far from being "acceptable".

according to #4: "boohoo to you", alright, you already showed your maturity, no words needed.

Message 5 of 15 (2,813 Views)

How about you show your maturity and learn from your mistakes,sharpen your skills and get better at something. Thats what being mature is all about.

Message 6 of 15 (2,807 Views)

★★★ Novice

What are my mistakes then? I didn't use macros ever. I'm just giving a simple solution to problems people are complaining about.

The solution that will satisfy everyone and won't be harmful for anyone, especially clean players.

This is my last reply to you, because you are speaking in a topic, you didn't understand.

Message 7 of 15 (2,794 Views)

Hey there

I know there are a few people people posting, oh no i got banned for no reason.

Most of the people did use 3rd party programs that interfered with the game.

If someone is banned, they can contact EA here and appeal the ban.

It's easier said then done, just changing the recoil is not the way to go.

Even a little change to recoil or basic game mechanics could let the game feel different.

We also shouldn't change the game because people abusing macro's.

The people that got banned and didn't use any scripts or 3rd party software can appeal there ban with the link provided above.

Peripheral software shouldn't cause any bans, they will if they use a macro's as rapid-fire as this is cheating.

Don't change the game,but 0 Toleration on cheating.

It is a interesting idea but i don't think this is not possible in this case.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 15 (2,792 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are the one who replied to my "boohoo" statement about cheaters... If you werent a cheater you would not have felt it was directed towards you.

Message 9 of 15 (2,775 Views)

★ Apprentice

probably the most valuable topic here,

first time someone is giving real advice instead of making stupid topics like "omg lol, omg, cheaters, omg bamboozled, change anticheat omg" when just a better player kills him.

this is solution.

Message 10 of 15 (2,771 Views)