Re: Ready for something new

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Ready for something new

★★★★★ Guide

I've been looking for a new third-person hero shooter, and this one looks interesting.  I can't believe I haven't heard of this until the EA Play Conference.

So far, I love the excitement the development team has shown for the game, both in interviews and here.  It's contagious!

Message 1 of 16 (1,330 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @kapkarrot! It's nice to read that you're looking forward to jumping into the arena! And I couldn't agree more, the excitement is contagious!

Then again, it's hard not to be for all the quirky characters and those beautiful maps ... I guess you can tell I'm hyped, too! 

May I ask - what do you find most interesting about this game? Standard smile

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,289 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Leeloo Mostly the aesthetic. I like the mix of fighting game mechanics with a third-person shooter. While I do like the characters (Boone is my fave), they look a tad bland out of the box. But I know there will be skins and cosmetics!
Message 3 of 16 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kapkarrot I totally agree, the aesthetic is really great! I'm usually not necessarily one for shooters because they can be way too dark and serious, but this one ticks pretty much all the boxes for me. Standard smile 

I'm team Rev myself - I said it before and I will say it again: hover-board!! - and yes, there will be plenty of options to customise the characters and make them 'your own'! I'm already looking forward to seeing all the different looks in the arena!

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 16 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Leeloo Costumes/skins I hope to see:

Old West
Halloween (spooky)
Steampunk
Superheroes
Message 5 of 16 (1,228 Views)

[ Edited ]

What I enjoy is the height players can get at seemingly any given time -- Being launched out of bounds doesn't seem to be too much of an issue so that could make for some intense fights (where a whole group could get blitzed causing a momentum shift)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 16 (1,192 Views)

@kapkarrot I absolutely love these ideas, especially Halloween and the steampunk theme would be right up my alley! Standard smile

@TTZ_Dipsy Absolutely, this is such a cool feature! I'm really looking forward to some intense fights on Tuesday! Large smile

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 16 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
well if anyone is living in the Europe zone & plays on xbox, prepare to meat your (rocket)maker! I'll be launching on tuesday >: P

I like the part that it's 3v3. My buddies and I always had like 1-4 extra randoms in most multiplayer games. Sometimes it's fun... most times it's not when you play at an entirely different skill lvl. Now we can just focus on having fun without having to worry about teammates. So hope to see you guys (get blown up) soon :P
Message 8 of 16 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_LeelooI can see why you're team Rev... She's awesome! I'm dominating with her. At least in objective based game modes. In knockout everyone else seems to be tougher... Frown

Message 9 of 16 (1,043 Views)

@Koochi-Q Yeah, Rev is great! I still have to try some other characters though. Standard smile 

Knockout is a rough mode and it sure feels like everyone's tougher sometimes, doesn't it ... I guess that's why my best friend keeps playing Topnotch or Blastbeard - but that's the "easier" path we don't have to take. Tongue out

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 16 (886 Views)