Re: Reactivating a Deleted Account

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reactivating a Deleted Account

★★ Newbie

I'm attempting to reactivate an old EA account that is linked to my PlayStation. I've spoken to an advisor through EA contact who was no help. I've been told I need to reset my password of the ea account which requires a confirmation being sent to my email, however, no such email has been sent despite attempting to reset my password multiple times. The advisor then recommended creating a new EA account linked to the same email, changing the email and then attempting to reset the password on the original email. When I attempt this however it tells me that my email is already linked to an account. 

Additionally: When I attempt to reset the password it tells me to verify my Identity by sending a code to my email, instead of my email ending in @gmail.com it ends in @disabled.ea.com

Furthermore: If I then attempt to use my old phone number linked to my ea account I am able to proceed to the next step where it then gives me an error code "connect_error_social_login_failure"

Message 1 of 2 (308 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @lobay8coltuv,

I'm afraid we are unable to assist with any account details or changes on the forums.

This would be something you'll need to continue working with support to investigate further.

We did have an extremely recent update within the past day that should allow support to better assist in these types of situations, so I would definitely suggest creating a new case to speak with a new advisor so they can check and see what other options may be available to assist with this, thanks!

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (287 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @lobay8coltuv,

I'm afraid we are unable to assist with any account details or changes on the forums.

This would be something you'll need to continue working with support to investigate further.

We did have an extremely recent update within the past day that should allow support to better assist in these types of situations, so I would definitely suggest creating a new case to speak with a new advisor so they can check and see what other options may be available to assist with this, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (288 Views)