Re: Ranked

by KelRiever

Original Post

Champion

Why is it actual cancer tho? I don't actually understand. Randoms just wanna play solo regardless and that's if the game gives you a third teammate.

I don't understand why it's  such a struggle on this game. You can get a good game and get 130+ RP then you have trash games that just reverse the progress you've made. Baffles me.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 10 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GH0STEDbyME I already created a rank venting thread.. I demand Respawn fix ranked and compensation for a duplicate from a champion!

I'll accept cash or xp!! xD
Message 2 of 10 (447 Views)

Champion
@apostolateofDOOM You should've posted the link so I can have a go in that one too 🤣 You can have XP but you'll be getting no cash from me!

Message 3 of 10 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@GH0STEDbyMEWell i would have preferred just cash but nvm.. xD

Let it out!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Just-a-thought/m-p/9990644

Message 4 of 10 (428 Views)

Champion
@apostolateofDOOM Maybe someone will finally pay attention....nah we just need to get Imperial Hal on side.

Message 5 of 10 (412 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's just how it is. I don't recommend playing alone if you can avoid it. Make some friends and grind through the ranks. I usually play solo and have gotten to Predator twice both season I played Ranked. You just have to understand you're not always going to get the best teammates. Once you accept that and make sure that you do everything in your power to get as many points as possible you can continue to climb.

Message 6 of 10 (383 Views)

@Slayer_Omiee Wraith says:

"All that matters... is being the last one alive."Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 7 of 10 (378 Views)

★★★ Expert

I've noticed as the season comes to an end, the Ranked play, at least for Platinum, has become atrocious.   It was not this bad a week ago.  

Incentives for ranked are wrong, and that's why it looks the way it does.

Message 8 of 10 (354 Views)

★★ Guide
@KelRiever You can grind to Plat easily with zero skill and plenty of time (and during covid most have that in abundance).
The problem as ive stated on numurous occasions is de-rank protection which is beyond stupid.
I honestly dont think plat 4s wouldnt be so toxic and downright counter productive if they dropped back down to gold all the time.
Its the equivelent of putting save points all the way up mount everest in case you die, completely negates the point of trying to climb it.
Message 9 of 10 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

No, I disagree.  Everybody wants to apply stick when they get mad, when carrot is the answer.

Tier protection means people play.  I guarantee less people would play ranked without tier protection and no matter how cool that sounds, since 'Ranked' play is basically a commercial to get more people to play Apex, Respawn needs an answer that makes ranked better AND people want to play it.  (It's a total fallacy that if you remove tier protection, or punish people more, somehow people will play a game because it is 'better'.  Look at the failures of Overwatch to show how limiting play makes a game suck more, not improve it.)

The answer is how you have people win, not removing tier protection.  There's not enough emphasis on winning top 5 in platinum, it's strictly about kills.  Therefore, if you are ranked IV plat (or Diamond, I would imagine), there's nothing for you to do except screw around until you get kills.  Then if you get kills, you might have a bad match, so might as well hot drop and screw around again.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get kills (I have to say this because the internet will take the most extreme opposite, hyperbolic response and say WHAT NO KILLS?!?!?! OMG WHAT YOU MEAN HIDE?!!!!????)  But you have to make something more complicated than kills v/ placement to advance.  You have to both make the game better to play, and you have to give reason for people to play it, even while they are protected by piers.

What's missing is ambition.

If you give people that in your game, they'll want to raise rank and play more.  You'll get that by having a scoring system that reflects that what you do matters.

Message 10 of 10 (289 Views)