Re: Apex Banned Randomly? ( Wrongful Ban )

by nohattv

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

But if the account was hacked and banned, why wasn't the password changed or anything else related to my EA or origin account? And shouldn't I recieve emails from EA about suspicious activity (someone accessing my account from somewhere else)?

I've never cheated in a game, ever. I just quit playing a game because of cheaters (try playing Destiny 2 trials on PC). I'm above average at FPS games but nowhere close to god-tier where my plays should alert some cheater radar. I go flawless on Destiny a couple of times a week and that's it, but I'm fed up with cheaters.

But you're right, I should've checked the options for security measures. Like I said, I rarely play origin games and have no reason to log into my EA account so I didn't even know they existed. But then again, I didn't really expect to be hacked either.

Message 11 of 21 (1,016 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kent I have also been randomly banned and I have opened a case and have not heard back for over 20 days and it says it may take up to 15 days to respond to my case here is the case number #76411214. 

Message 12 of 21 (1,065 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SGT_aSDF I feel you man, same thing happened to me, i'm pretty sure my account was compromised and I wasn't notified. WeirdChamp
Message 13 of 21 (1,054 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent this is ridiculous, i just got an heirloom on apex last night and wake up to a ban for absolutely no reason i just want to play the game. I'm not sure if I was hacked or what or I was reported.
Message 14 of 21 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, I played 3 to 5 matches on Apex last week with a few friends after a few months of not playing. Then I decided to get on today and when I tried to load into a match it told me I was banned. I spent most of my money on this game too, I sent the appeal but now that I'm reading what others are going through I'm starting to worry it won't make it through.

Message 15 of 21 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got banned in a similar way on April 14ths (or so). I had played the day before, when to play the next day, and kicked out saying I was banned.. No email.  I fired off an appeal item asking why I was banned, and 18hours later got the email saying I was banned.  Today I got an email saying - yep your banned.. You cheated, appeal denied.

I didn't cheat.  I hate cheaters.. I try to report them when I see them.  I play the game with my son to have fun.

I don't think it was someone who hacked my account, everything seemed to be in the account the same way, and my sucky stats still seemed to be the same.

It feels likes EA did some mass banning, and I was one of them, and I've no idea what they did.

You send an email to the EA Appeal, it goes into a black hole, says it's being worked on, and then get an email back saying yep banned.  How do we reach actual people to talk about this, find out why they think it?  I just wanted to have fun and enjoy playing Apex, I never cared about winning, or kills or damage, just having fun.

I spent actual money this past set to get all the sets of packs so I had a Heirloom shards, so I can spend them on a character when I wanted too, and now my account is banned, and It's like EA took my money, and then banned me.

I really want to talk to someone who can help me get this fixed, direct phone, direct email, etc.  The support page just feels like a black hole of nothing, that goes nowhere, since it feels like they just don't care.

Message 16 of 21 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent , 

I'm a streamer from the Philippines and to be honest I dont have a lot of views when doing livestream, but yes hundreds of people do watch me play Apex after a week or so from uploading the video on Facebook. But last night, my PC was on, AFK on Apex doing some stuff then when I got back, I saw that my Origin Account was being logged in on a different PC but I just let it slide. The next day (which is today) I was having my lunch while at work when I received an email notification with EA sending my security code, and I was like "wth? the only place I would play Apex is on my PC and why would I even try to change my password". I acted up quickly to change the password of my Origin Account and email as well. After doing those things, I visited my Apex, opened it and saw notifications on "Legends" and "Weapons" and noticed that all my Apex Coins were gone and apparently, someone hacked into my account and used all my Apex Coins that I've been saving for Season 9. Not only that, the perpetrator played games using my account using hacks and got it banned for cheating. If you guys in EA want, I could give you my page on facebook streaming Apex Legends and prove that I have worked diligently playing solo queue without anyone and climbed my way up to Diamond Tier and NEVER CHEATED. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 17 of 21 (905 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @CheesyBeefy13

I'm sorry, but this isn't something I can help out with. The Terms of Service team will need to review your account and make the call on if the ban could be overturned. 

If you haven't already please reach out to them so they can take a look. You can find more details on how to set up a case with them over at the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 18 of 21 (2,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was hit by a false ban, and went I submitted by ticket last night, I got an email response that simply read:

"We noticed that your EA account broke EA's gameplay rules. Because you account was cheatings, we've permanently block your access to Apex Legends' online features".

Is there any way that I can try to repeal the ban? I was playing earlier yesterday, took a break for a few hours, and went back to play, and in that 3 hour window I was banned. The only thing that I can think of that may have registered as a cheat would have been the iCUE engine that handles the RGB features on my keyboard, but it wasn't open at the time. 

Message 19 of 21 (856 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ehbean1

I'm afraid it would be up to the Terms of Service team to review the ban and determine if it can be lifted. That isn't something we would be able to help with over Answers HQ. 

The link in my previous post has more information on how you can set up a case with them. If you haven't already, please reach out to them so they can take a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 20 of 21 (806 Views)