Re: Apex Banned Randomly? ( Wrongful Ban )

by nohattv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@girthshaker Do you have Riot Vangaurd installed, I believe that's what's causing all these bans
Message 1 of 21 (2,255 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @CheesyBeefy13

I'm sorry, but this isn't something I can help out with. The Terms of Service team will need to review your account and make the call on if the ban could be overturned. 

If you haven't already please reach out to them so they can take a look. You can find more details on how to set up a case with them over at the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 21 (2,700 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

its been almost 2 weeks now and I haven't heard anything back about my account. Im getting a little frustrated and I'm extremely disappointed in EA for banning me when I didn't do anything wrong. It is not fair for them to just throw out bans to hundreds of people and end up have 90% of those bans be wrong. I have put a lot of money into my account for in game purchases such as skins and weapon skins as well. so EA is also stealing hundreds of dollars from me as well. In addition to this, I am not able to progress in the current event because of my ban so I cannot get these skins either.  This is terrible business practice and im considering never playing an EA game again because of this. If this message gets looked at it would be nice if whoever goes over the Cases cause please unban my account, its not fair for you to ban completely innocent and ignorant people.... absolutely unacceptable. 

Message 2 of 21 (2,343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just watch the forums, tons of post of ppl getting banned without any reason and OFC ppl with reasons. I got my self a warning a few weeks back for harassment i dont even type ingame due to i got voice and voice is superior to typeing (typeing ingame is like 1990's style) Tried to get to the bottom of it i never heard anything. 

Message 3 of 21 (2,331 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Frizzysea123 We're never getting our accounts back, EA doesn't care about the false positives
Message 4 of 21 (2,321 Views)

★ Novice

How long does “in progress” stage last? I was 2 months ago from Apex and when I check my case it only states “in progress”.

Message 5 of 21 (2,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was also Banned wrongfully. I barely play the game and have never cheated in a game. its complete BS. I recently spent good money on the game when I made switch from playing Warzone.

Now Ive been waiting over 2 weeks for a response back on my ticket.

Message 6 of 21 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also got banned for "cheating" this morning, don't understand why it seems like EA just hit us with a ban wave, not smartest move to make.

Message 7 of 21 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok I was wrong, after many many months, I was working with an Account Advisor or whatever they are called to try and unlink my banned EA account from the Xbox, so that I could link a new EA account to utilize the Gamepass Ultimate with EA Play. Well I was ready to have the account deleted by the account advisor, but I guess he misunderstood what I was asking. Instead, he sent me a password change link, and asked me to login to the account. When I did, I realized he removed the ban or something. I have my old game accounts back (and now I can download free games from EA Play linked with Xbox Game Pass)! Funny because my second Apex account is almost level 500 (my old unbanned account is 500)! So now I have a high level smurf account I guess lol. Anyways, what a pleasant surprise! BTdubs, in order to get into the chat with my savior, I had to use an incognito tab and sign into EA with my Xbox Microsoft account, then I selected Origin > "Delete Account" as the reason for my chat. But when I connected to the chat, I told the rep that "I need to unlink my EA account from my Xbox, and then delete that EA account, so I can associate it with a new one". Anyways that did the trick, weird huh. Nice to finally have my account rightfully restored! Good luck to everyone who doesn't cheat but gets banned, and may the cheaters step on Legos in the middle of the night!
Message 8 of 21 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tried to play the game with a friend for the first time in months. Before that I hadn't played the game since the early days. Apparently I'm banned for no apparent reason whatsoever. I went to my email and noticed I had recieved an email from EA a month ago stating my account is banned. I had replied to that email with profanity because I was 100 % sure it was a scam attempt (email had lots of links in it) but apparently I was actually banned lol. Trying to escape cheaters in Destiny 2 by playing Apex instead but I can't because I'm banned without even playing the * game lol. EA Is hilarious. I'm not expecting to get my account back either. GG

Message 9 of 21 (2,069 Views)

Hero
@SGT_aSDF You was not banned for no reason. The account most certainly had something going on which lead to its ban. Either you doing it or account was compromised and things was done on it during that time.

The system does not just randomly think hmm i think i may ban this guy later... The system is doing its job of banning cheaters. Someone on that account cheated and the system did its job. Its not on the company its on the user for not securing their account properly. They offer up to 4 different security measures so this cant happen. What they cant do is force users to take 30 seconds of their day to perform these actions.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 21 (2,066 Views)