Re: Razer/Synapse "Turbo" Function allowed?

by LordloshBang

Original Post

Razer/Synapse "Turbo" Function allowed?

★ Apprentice

I would like to know if Razer Synapse's "Turbo" function is allowed, or would it be considered a macro for some reason and get me banned?

I want to make the fire button's secondary bind to be my middle-click (mouse 3/pressing in on scroll wheel), and then I want to enable the Turbo function in razer synapse, so when I hold down the middle-click, it will fire as fast as if I was scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. I know there's nothing against binding the fire button to mousewheel up/down, but I'd rather just hold down middle click, since my fingers hurt in my older age when trying to scroll up and down so fast.

Message 1 of 13 (7,287 Views)

★★★★ Guide

hacks aren’t allowed but people have been using them blatantly for months 

so....uhhhh

Message 2 of 13 (7,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@JekkiesLet me rename your post to "Is Cheating Allowed?"

short answer: no
long answer: no

Message 3 of 13 (7,239 Views)

★ Apprentice

@DankToliet not helpful, be toxic elsewhere please.

Message 4 of 13 (7,231 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Jekkies Go cheat somewhere else.
Message 5 of 13 (7,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@DankToliet Can you be an actual human being and perhaps tell my why in your opinion, its cheating? Do you also think binding fire to your mousewheel is cheating? My question was if Turbo was considered a macro, do you think its a macro? If so, why? If you're not even going to try to answer an innocent question, then don't bother replying?

Message 6 of 13 (7,190 Views)

★★ Expert
@Jekkies I think it’s kind of considered cheating because it barely qualifies as a macro.
Spinning your mousewheel is kind of one action, and for it to result in auto-firing as fast as possible (I.e kind of more than one action), it’s a macro.

Not a pc player btw, so I’m not too sure.
Message 7 of 13 (7,111 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jekkies 
I would say away from this as this is a 3rd party function that gives you an advantage, so it's best to not use it in-game, better safe than sorry Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 13 (7,081 Views)

★★ Pro

Macros/scripts are not allowed, but probably more than 50% of the playerbase is running all kind of macros/scripts and probably the same amount are using soft and hard cheating, so no big deal ....

And i`m 100% sure like 80% of the streamers are using all sort of soft cheats and macros/scripts.

Is it allowed ? NO!

But people are still doing it.

Message 9 of 13 (7,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

Don't you literally have to use Synapse to configure your Razer mouse? And can't you bind the fire button to scroll wheel and spin that * for at least a solid 10 seconds? I feel like it's the exact same thing, because you don't even have to hold anything down with the scroll wheel, all you have to do is aim. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. If one is legal and fine with the developer, the other should be as well. And I also don't think you can get banned for using the turbo function in Synapse, because That particular function is not stored on the on-board memory, which is why you have to have Synapse running for it to work. Just my two cents. 

Message 10 of 13 (5,672 Views)