Re: Rate fellow players

by hayhor

Original Post

Rate fellow players

★★★ Newbie

I think we should be able to rate our fellow players. I think a lot of us deal with randoms a lot here and we end up getting random that will leave you high and dry or quit the game over various reasons and I think we should be able to rate our fellow gamers on how good of a teammate they really are to allow us the choice if we want to play with this person as a teammate. Granted we will need a guideline on which to rate our fellow gamers for example as follows

Did this player quit the game?

Did this player horde all the gear?

Did this player hide or run away leaving you in a gun fight? 

And so forth go ahead and add to this and maybe the devs will hear us. 

Message 1 of 8 (483 Views)

Champion
@wingedwarr06 nah would get abused.
Message 2 of 8 (480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can see that but if a dispute option was available it would curb the dispute that and/or a background tracking was done so a dispute can be given a decision for example no you did just quit and you didn't get kicked from the game. 

Message 3 of 8 (477 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@wingedwarr06 A "like" button in the profile screen could incentivize people to behave better to gain points as "good players", one point to give away per match played, and you could only give another player a point once. Bad player on the squad? Don't click the button, simple as that.
Message 4 of 8 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@wingedwarr06I created such a thread a long time ago and the underlying consensus was that ppl would def abuse the system. Mine was even more low-requirement than yours... which added to the abuse of system but in your case there’s still some flaws:

1) it’ll still be abusable and it will happen since ppl are more inclined to rate bad behavior than good

2) Lolz read a guideline? Half would spit on it if they could. Especially after a bad match or 1/2 bad teammate(s)

3) dispute a decision would either have to be AI-based or wouldn’t come at all since I can guarantee that there’d be lots of disputes every single hour :P

I still think the feature would be fun if not only to test the predictability of humans xD

Message 5 of 8 (448 Views)

Champion
@wingedwarr06 Most are jerks tho. Plus many think others are screwing them when really they just saw things differently.
Message 6 of 8 (437 Views)

@wingedwarr06 as others have mentioned it would be abused and its a bit childish really. More for the Overwatch crew Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 7 of 8 (420 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  OW used this system and it was generally accurate.

For those unfamiliar with the system;

You either got 0 ratings if you were crap/toxic or 3 stages of positive reviews depending on how you played.

It acted as a really good overview of the quality of team you had.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (393 Views)