Re: Ranking system is broken

by deHannibal

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@nljeszeH wrote:

I totally agree. Besides this fake ranking system the matchmaking isn't working great as well. Sometimes when you join a game you start with a 4v5 situation. Those are the worst. The feeling you can't leave a match witch you will certainly loss. It's so frustrating that i'm considering dropping this game. I like the gameplay but this is completely ruining it for me.

You can still win a 4 v 5. Chances are dim, but I'll be damned if I don't try. I just don't understand, why sometimes the game will not be considered for your score and sometimes it will.

Message 11 of 16 (759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think when the leaving happened is important.

If the 4v5 is from the beginning then it's not counted.

Is the game running for a while it's counted.

Could be wrong but i think i saw that in my games.

Message 12 of 16 (748 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys!

I really enjoy the game, it brings a lot of fun. There is of course not enough content (I would love to see DLC with hero ships and more maps/modes like against some planetary base, super star destroyer, or Death Star..) but the game's great mechanics somewhat compensate that.

HOWEVER I agree that ranking system in fleet battles is totally broken.

I am almost always losing due to incomplete squadron on my side, and despite the match supposed to be unranked I keep dropping with my rank nevertheless.. WTF?! it's absolutely unfair.

There is also a whole another story:

when my squad is full (which happens rarely) it seems people I play with can't manage the fight, as most of the times the opposite team has better skilled (higher level) pilots. I am pushing with kills and cap ship damage, but it's just not enough. I don't remember the last time I won a match, and I feel Im at least an average player, as usually I get 1st-2nd place with points in my squad. It's really strange, I believe that statistically I should win at least 1/4 matches. No matter how well my performance is, there is nothing I can do to win, It's so damn frustrating

Message 13 of 16 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with everything you have said.  It's making people leave matches, I have flown several where I'm the only one left.  If I leave I lose rank, it's stupid.

Message 14 of 16 (648 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just launched the game after a few days off, and realised my rank dropped a lot! Is it a one time thing because of the patch? or is it jet another aspect of broken ranking, requiring you to play every day just to avoid automatic drop??

Message 15 of 16 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree the ranked needs a serious rework... I'm getting so frustrated I came on here to make a post about it. Unfortunately it got marked as spam in like 1 minute. I wanted to make a post where we discussed suggestions for how to improve it, but I guess someone has an issue with that... This was my original post that got removed:

Anyone else frustrated with the ranking system? Anyone have suggestions of for what you would like to change? My hope is we can get developers attention and make some small tweeks to this system.

I am a concerned player who is having a really bad time in ranked. I continuoisly wind up with level 1 players going 0 and 30 with like 5 capital ship damage... People who are placing should be matched with people who are placing. Is that possible at all? But this is just one thing bothering me. 

The main issue is lack of acknowledgement of personal performance. I keep getting matched with potatoes who literally do nothing. If you are the MVP of your team your rank should suffer less for it. I constantly get 20+ kills, 50k+ capital ship damage and lose over 10% of rank when 3 guys on my team sit back and fire turrets at open space....

Not everyone has friends playing this game, and many people have social anxiety when it comes to getting together with complete strangers. Can we make this ranked system more friendly for the solo que crew?

Message 16 of 16 (522 Views)