Re: Ranked unfair and pointless

by xMaxrayx

Original Post

Ranked unfair and pointless

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Last season I was diamond, now I was rated silver and now I'm gold. Why the hell do I have to play against entire master and predetor teams, even though the people in my team were maximally diamond? Ranked is such rubbish, who the hell came up with it? Can you program this to be fair? Ranked doesn't make any sense if I have to play against predetor despite being gold - isn't the point of the ranked system, isn't it, to play against people of the same rank ?!

Message 1 of 7 (392 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sick1Click are you sure that you got preds in the gold lobby?
were they in predator rank or having the predator badge???

Message 2 of 7 (353 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ranked is badly designed anyway. It’s stupidly grindy to go up 1 level let alone an entire rank. Why does everyone get set back 1.5 ranks every season? What logic is that? It’s just means you have to grind to get back to where you where. Other games do way better where you do placement games and get put where the game thinks u belong then try and climb but this game just seems to be obsessed with grindiness

Message 3 of 7 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RockScorpion384  If it wasn't grindy we'd all be diamond/master/predator lol.

The problem in ranked is a mix of the matchmaking and the point allocation.

When you hover over ranked in the menu the description says "compete against similarly skilled players". Not even remotely true as most players can literally just hide and grind to platinum...so anything up to this rank is a mess, you can literally reach platinum as a 0.4 K/D player with almost no tactical sense.

Then you hit diamond and you're not against similarly skilled players as due to there being such a small number of master/pred players you will invariably be MM'ed with them eventually due to online player populations.

The system isn't great but respawn seem thrilled with it still lol.

I do agree with what you're saying though, if they want to keep the reset system they should introduce a placement system at the start of each split. In which you play 10 games against players to gauge where you should be and then allocate that as your base rank for the season....perhaps only allow it to allocate to platinum 1 at max....this would create a much larger divide between players at ranked season start.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 7 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtagNot at all. You can have a matchmaking and ranked system that isn’t grindy so easily. The devs just can’t be assed as per usual with everything they do to make a decent one. Minimum effort maximum profit sums up respawn

fight or fright event is a good example. Simple recolours, minimum effort, charge full price and put them only in bundles, maximum profit

Message 5 of 7 (332 Views)

★ Pro
@maximas1986 I think he means old predator like form season 2 and so on.
Message 6 of 7 (316 Views)

★ Pro
@RockScorpion384 apex it self is downgrade form titanfall2 not just skins xd
Message 7 of 7 (315 Views)