Ranked rewards/splits

by WorsttOctane

Original Post

Ranked rewards/splits

★★★ Novice

Im a new player to apex been grinding my * off in solo queue to reach diamond just so that i could get a different dive trail and now i find out that its not even permanent? that is such a punch to the gut... 

The thing that always held me back from trying BR games especially ranked ones was the fact that there is no feeling of progression but i thought i would give apex a try since with the divetrails there was at least some kind of ''progression''.

Ranked splits even is not okay what happened to just resetting players rank whenever they are inactive for long periods of time just like for example counterstrike does it.

Also whats the point of having players waiting several months(till next season) depending on when they rank up to earn their rewards, many might not even be playing the game anymore by the time they get their rewards its just such bs honestly

wish i had never wasted my time in ranked.

Message 1 of 5 (179 Views)

Re: Ranked rewards/splits

Champion
@WorsttOctane The point is to keep people engaged. By taking the trail, if you want it every season you have to keep playing. To maintain rank......you have to keep playing.
Message 2 of 5 (162 Views)

★★ Pro
@WorsttOctane Some people grind first split, others grind second split. Just because you reached Diamond first does not mean you should also get the dive trail first, the season has to end for that. That's pretty common sense, not bs. Its on you if you stopped playing.

Message 3 of 5 (149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@hayhorYea i did kinda figure out that it was to keep players engaged by taking away their hard earned rewards/ranks i just heavily disagree with that way of doing things.

You should not have to take things away from players to keep them engaged... I Honestly cant think of any other game that tries to manipulate their players into keep playing by doing stuff like that.

If you have a great game people will keep playing regardless. It just shows that they care very little about player satisfaction...

Message 4 of 5 (127 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ILostT0Loba you say its ''pretty common sense'' having players waiting for up to 3 months or however long it is to get rewards from a game ? i can only disagree with that statement. can you please name 1 other game that does that? cuz i honestly cant think of any.

we are speaking several months here... you do you realize that people have lifes outside of the game ? no one should ever have to wait several months to get a reward from a GAME are you kidding me ?
just because you perhaps have gotten used to that absurd way of playing and getting rewards does not make it ''pretty common sense'' ...

This whole idea of seasons and splits i get it you want to make apex stand out from all the other games but surely there must be some other ways of doing so.

Message 5 of 5 (124 Views)