Re: Ranked needs some changes

by NissanZaxima

Original Post

Ranked needs some changes

★ Guide

I hate playing ranked, it sucks compared to unranked. 

In ranked everyone just camps and doesn't shoot at all, or just waits to 3rd party at the end of a fight. It's trash. Round 5/6 10 full squads and no one has fired a single shot for the past 3 minutes, yeah that's fun right there. Not, it's so boring holy crap, is this really what you wanted games to be like in ranked? Reward people for camping never shooting and just sitting there doing nothing for like 20 minutes? What's worse is you actually punish people that shoot and engage, because of the trash RP system. Why? What's fun or competitive about that? Competitive camping and running away is what ranked is.

Unranked is way more fun because people actually want to engage, not just runaway from every single shot and hide all game long. In ranked you actually get flamed for wanting to play the game instead of AFKing the whole time. 

This is how every single ranked game goes. Hide, camp, runaway every time you get shot at, sit still till the end. It's sooooo boring, like what's even the point in playing ranked? 

Please stop rewarding people that AFK hide the whole game, and start rewarding people that actually play the game. Solo a whole sqaud and get 3rd partied at the end by a camper, and I get 0 RP for that? Really? I can solo full squad while being at a massive disadvantage, and I get no RP for that? I do it consistently, but I get no RP if I get 3rd partied by some trashcan that just hides the whole time.  

I'll stick to unranked where people actually want to pkay the game instead of AFKing for 20 minutes.

Message 1 of 8 (363 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EThought113213 What rank are you in
Message 2 of 8 (344 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EThought113213 wrote:

I'll stick to unranked where people actually want to pkay the game instead of AFKing for 20 minutes.

Problem? Solved! 

You can accept as a solution your own post.

Unfortunately there's nothing EA or Respawn can do about it: how do they know if somebody is camping or not? Or if you are getting 3rd partied or whatever?

What we can do is try to come up with some nice and helpful solutions... but i feel you, to complain is always the easiest way!

What would you do to limit people from camping the whole game? 

Message 3 of 8 (326 Views)

★ Guide

what would I do ? make RP points based on damage done . This ranked system seriously looks like it was designed by a 15 year old.

Message 4 of 8 (298 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@cobrakev98 wrote:

what would I do ? make RP points based on damage done . This ranked system seriously looks like it was designed by a 15 year old.

Well done, that's what we are suppose to do: give a feedback and possible solutions; unless you would rather have a baby sitter instead! 

Message 5 of 8 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bromego. You're literally venting to the players experiencing the same thing, and a lot of us feel the same way.  Drink some water my friend.

Message 6 of 8 (262 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How about reduce the amount of RP you get from placement, and increase the amount of RP you can get from kills? And make RP gained from kills teambased, because this is after all a team based game.

Message 7 of 8 (239 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ranked has been out for like what a month? I am sure they are taking note and will be implementing changes. Since the launch of this game, the devs have not done knee * changes, it might not be until next season but stuff will change. Personally want server issues dealt with before the ranked changes.

I think for Ranked you should make kills the primary focus and have the placement be a multiplier to how many kills you got (1.2 for 10th 1.5 for 5th etc.). No cap for kill points like the 5 they have right now either. That way teams who have 2 that die really quick and then just have a Pathfinder or Bangalore running or hiding for placement wouldn't have as much value. It is too smart of a strategy to get into zone and hide/camp/not engage to get at least top 10. 

When points and rankings are on the line defensive play will always be much more prominent regardless of the rules, but a few tweaks making it more focused towards kills + placement would help a lot. 

Message 8 of 8 (230 Views)