by Mary-Reilly-Film

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ranked issues

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler
Spoiler
How can I fix it

I keep on getting abandon penalty when the game disconnects me in ranked. I used to be able to reconnect fairly quickly but now I’m always getting an error on the reconnect and it sends me straight to the lobby. Anyone else having this issue? I have videos I can share of it doing it as well

Message 1 of 11 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ranked issues

Community Manager

@09hillb 

Can you switch to a wire or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (283 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @09hillb.

We should try to find out why you keep disconnecting. Is it happening really frequently? What system are you playing on and do you use a wired or wireless connection? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on Xbox series x. I haven’t had any issues reconnecting with games until recently. Normally if a disconnect happens it’s as soon as I engage another team. I have lost out on whole game stats and RP earned because of these. With in the last week is when the reconnecting errors started and I have good internet as well 

Message 3 of 11 (376 Views)

Community Manager

@09hillb 

We're currently investigating connection issues, but we can go through some troubleshooting to see if there's anything noticeable causing you to disconnect as well as have trouble reconnecting. Do you play on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 11 (367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an elite 2 controller

Message 5 of 11 (364 Views)

Community Manager

@09hillb 

Cool! I use one as well. Great controller for sure. How about your console? Does it use a wired or wireless connection? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 11 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The elite 2 is wireless 

Message 7 of 11 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@09hillb  hey bud what @EA_Aljo means is do you have a ethernet cable plugged into your xbox? As this can improve connectivity and reduce packet loss. If not it might be worth looking into this. Tongue out

Probably worth running tests at your end to confirm this isn't an issue at your end.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 11 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I stop playing rank and pub and only play arenas apex legends enjoying it

Message 9 of 11 (293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Internet connection is wireless as well. I ran a diagnostic on it too and connection is good

Message 10 of 11 (272 Views)