Ranked is frustrating

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Ranked is frustrating

★★★ Expert

I just played a couple of games, scored some RP, all was well, but then I got several games with massive lagg in the middle of a fight, and by the time my game resumed, I was dead. My squad mates, are somehow bronze, and couldn't save the day.

I ended losing all but 1 of the RP I gained to technical issues (it's not my internet, I have highspeed glassfiber) and I ragequitted Apex.

Frankly, it's been several weeks now that the game is plagued with connectivity problems, the infamous code net and code leaf, choppy games, lagg, lots of rubber banding, and it doesn't make me want to play season 2. Especially is you stand to lose rating it's not appealing to hop into some ranked games when it's a roll of the dice whether or not you can even compete, and if not, arbitrarily lose your ranked points.

The issues have gone past my breaking point, and i'm quitting at the very least ranked games for now. I'll be monitoring the forums and news to see if things are fixed at some point. Despite many fixes that rolled out that could not abate the problem i'll have to see it to believe it in a future scenario.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)

Re: Ranked is frustrating

★★★★★ Expert

Atleast you didn't encounter many hackers!!

Message 2 of 5 (367 Views)

★★★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOM wrote:

Atleast you didn't encounter many hackers!!

Might as well have, losing rating through no fault of your own is the same thing really.

Message 3 of 5 (308 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro agreed also ranked games take forever to load up waiting the lobby for 10 mins for a game
Message 4 of 5 (298 Views)

★★ Guide

@TheImmortalEnt wrote:
@Wingmannedbroagreed also ranked games take forever to load up waiting the lobby for 10 mins for a game

That's not them taking forever, that's just a lack of players within that server or just overall. In terms of lag issues I haven't had any connectivity issues since S2 besides that annoying Code: Net but that usually happens once per launch.

I know a lot of people that have been having a lot of issues but usually not mid game like that so it's kinda weird. Might be worth getting everything on a DXdiag file and submitting it to report/technical forum. 

(I've got 1.2k hours so I play with a lot of randoms and premades haven't had that issue, I mean once in awhile I'll get a small stutter but nothing game breaking to cause me a loss so worth sending the report for sure.)

I'm plagued by the opposite where I just deal with hackers and when I do it seems like the whole lobby is hacking because I'll spectate and literally have hacker squad after squad just kill each other. Funny to watch for sure since only they can give themselves a challenge, but nonetheless annoying.

Message 5 of 5 (285 Views)